A question for Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley Arakelian

Inactive User
Today a Christian radio talk-show host in southern California said that Parliament recently passed a resolution condemning the Bible as hate speech.
There has also been some talk here that preaching on the Biblical passages that condemn homosexuality is now illegal in Canada. Is there any truth to these allegations, or is this sensationalism?

Sensationalism for now, but laws are being put in place that in future generations may easily be re-interperared by the courts to oppose Christanity's teaching on homosexuals.

The law in question is Bill c-415 (actually I believe it became bill c-250) and basicly it "expands the definition ``identifiable group'' relating to the area of hate propaganda in the Criminal Code to include any section of the public distinguished by sexual orientation. " This push for this Bill was being lead by Sphen Robinsion an openly gay member of parlament.

Now why do I consider this to be sensationalism for now? The Bill does make exception for religious speech. This is often overlooked by those that are making a huge deal out of this right now. So the bible is not hate litature yet. However I say it's sensationalsim for now becasue it shows the trend in Canada toward pro-homosexuality.

Does it really need to have a law like this? homosexuals are protected as all citizens of Canada are, they don't need special laws. Thats my big problem with this bill right. The other issue is that there have been some court rulings in Canada that have begun to force homosexuality on christians. The one I remember off the top of my head was a Christian businessman who owned a prinitng press and refused to print homosexual litature. He was brought to court and the first court ruled he had to print it. This was overturned in a higher court luckily (I may have a few details wrong there, it's been a while, please correct me if you knwo I am wrong).

I don't see what's happening in Canada any different then whats happening anywhere else in the world regarding this stuff. Canada juse seems to be a little more open to it and are one of the first nations to take the steps that others are following in.

Bryan
SDG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back