A man asked for a recommended Bible Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
He has grown weary of a charismatic and dispensational approach to Bible verse study. He has spent years sincerely and desparately striving to please God. Has been around some pretty gnostic thinkers and a heavy Judeo-centric approach to all things biblical.
Now he is looking at Reformed thought and he asked me to recommend a bible study or a website that would take him through the thinking. I am thinking www.apuritansmind.com but just wondered how others would answer this request.

http://www.monergism.com is a great place to start. It links articles from a multitude of sites, incl. APM so it is kind of a gateway to the best Reformed and Calvinistic sites. It was a big help to me a couple of years ago.

Mount Zion has some good bible studies. You can either download them and do them yourself or have someone grade your work. They distribute some excellent tracts as well.

How about any of Michael Horton's books?
One I would recommend that covers all the basics and beyond is "Putting Amazing Back into Grace". Also, "In the Face of God" may directly relate to his past experiences.

Both are easy to read and interesting and its easier than going down a bunch of rabbit trails on a website. Although the websites mentioned are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back