A fascinating family in South America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
Do we have anyone on the PB wth South American residency or ties?

I have a friend who moved there a year or so ago and I find his (and his wife's) blogging adventures in the forest just incredibly interesting.

Sort of brings to mind the Hank Jr. song...A Country Boy Can Survive... when I look at what my buddy from Texas is doing down there.

I thought I would pass it on...

Donaldson Family Homestead

That's a very interesting blog. Thanks, Richard. What promped them to relocate there?

That's a very interesting blog. Thanks, Richard. What promped them to relocate there?

I am not sure why they chose that particular location.
He is just an adventurous guy and pretty independent of society.
He worked here as a civil engineer and then began to love the agrarian life.
Dane and his wife are really very dedicated parents and they just felt this is what would be good for their children.
He looked around and found a place he could buy and it seems he found a really good spot.
So far ol' Chavez has not been a problem.

Do we have anyone on the PB wth South American residency or ties?

I have a friend who moved there a year or so ago and I find his (and his wife's) blogging adventures in the forest just incredibly interesting.

Sort of brings to mind the Hank Jr. song...A Country Boy Can Survive... when I look at what my buddy from Texas is doing down there.

I thought I would pass it on...

Donaldson Family Homestead

I was born in Lima, Peru and moved to Miami just after my seventh birthday. My father was a pilot with Panagra (Pan American Grace Airways) and based there until 1955. I do have a memory of going to the company medical office for shots and seeing WWII vintage Link Trainers through a doorway down the hall. I attended Colegio FDR for a couple of years.

Our living conditions were no where as rustic as the Donaldson Family.

Yeah I think I got my dictators mixed up.
I thought I once heard something about Chavez rigging elections there but I guess he could do that from anywhere.

Is Mosquito Coast a good movie?

Yeah I think I got my dictators mixed up.
I thought I once heard something about Chavez rigging elections there but I guess he could do that from anywhere.

Is Mosquito Coast a good movie?
No, Harrison Ford's character is basically Nietchke meets Richard Dawkins, its uncomfortable to watch him be such a stupid and asinine character.

Who is Nietchke?

I think he means Nietsche, a German philosopher. Creator of the concept of the Ubermensch, believed in eternal recurrence of life; also that the Western society had "killed" God, and that that would eventually lead to the destruction of all things worthwhile, and to nihilism. Hitler borrowed from him. For more info, see: Friedrich Nietzsche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and great blog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back