yahoo list spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Granted my list has NO activity right now...but twice (thankfully only that) I've been spammed by ppl that are not interested in the group...but rather want to advertise THEIR group. And the kinds of groups they are!!! One wanted to destroy all modern architecture and pass laws only permitting victorian styles and felt we should preserve "racial/cultural identity" (can you say "kinism"?). The other was admittedly hitting every Reformed and "strict" list he could wanting help and envelope stuffers to push our nation into a Christianized totalitarian state.

Seems the term "Puritan" and "Reformed" have attracted them :banghead: :candle:

Its probably not as bad as having a business email account where you have to deal with close to 100 email advertisments and such each day.

Any Yahoo list I run I've set so all all posts have to be approved by moderator, which makes more work of course unless the list is not very active, or as in the case of the Naphtali Press list, it is a news list only and only moderator posts.

No, these haven't shown up in posts, fortunately. These are ppl that have applied for membership and honestly have told me that they thought that my group might be interested in theirs. Somehow the terms "Puritan" and "Reformed" led them to believe that we might have some kind of commonality with militant extremists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back