WSC Has a New Website and New Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Clark

Puritan Board Senior
We have re-done our website completely.

http://www.wscal.edu/index.php

In addition to the new look, there are new materials, namely a collection of faculty essays that will grow in the coming days and weeks:

http://www.wscal.edu/faculty/wscwritings/index.php

For those who might not be familiar with our stand on the Federal Vision and the New Perspective:

http://69.59.173.95/faculty/wscwritings/testimonyjustification.php

There will be more features in the coming weeks including audio content and some surprises.

rsc

Yipeee -- Dr. Clark! These articles are a steak-dinner.

You guys have some pretty nifty outfits, too - especially the hats!

God bless you all for your ferocious devotion to the true Gospel!

Robin :banana:

Originally posted by Robin
Yipeee -- Dr. Clark! These articles are a steak-dinner.

You guys have some pretty nifty outfits, too - especially the hats!

God bless you all for your ferocious devotion to the true Gospel!

Robin :banana:

Robin,

Thanks!

Please, anyone, let me know (off-list at my email below or email our Vice-President for Administration, Steve Oeverman at [email protected]) if you have any suggestions for the new site.

Blessings,

rsc

Dr. Clark, I think the upgrade is great.

I believe people tend to underestimate the value of top notch web site for our seminaries and churches. I would say that over half of the new visitors we get at our church mention that they first went to the web site and it played a role in their decision to make an initial visit. In addition, we have seen how fast bad theology can spread via the web and it has been a frustration that our many of our most articulate and helpful voices for orthodoxy in our seminaries do not have a platform on the web to be heard by a broader audience. I think going forward this is one area where a seminary could really make an impact on the Church beyond the core mission of training pastors.

Maybe the audio can include mp3's of chapel messages, conferences and sermons done by the faculty and how about a group blog for you guy, sort of like Ref21?

Thanks!

[Edited on 12-28-2005 by AdamM]

Originally posted by AdamM
Dr. Clark, I think the upgrade is great.

I believe people tend to underestimate the value of top notch web site for our seminaries and churches. I would say that over half of the new visitors we get at our church mention that they first went to the web site and it played a role in their decision to make an initial visit. In addition, we have seen how fast bad theology can spread via the web and it has been a frustration that our many of our most articulate and helpful voices for orthodoxy in our seminaries do not have a platform on the web to be heard by a broader audience. I think going forward this is one area where a seminary could really make an impact on the Church beyond the core mission of training pastors.

Maybe the audio can include mp3's of chapel messages, conferences and sermons done by the faculty and how about a group blog for you guy, sort of like Ref21?

Thanks!

[Edited on 12-28-2005 by AdamM]

Adam,

thanks for your encouragement.

We agree. We understand that we have responsibility beyond our students -- though they come first.

There are more things coming to the site.

We're a small staff and we didn't want to delay the debut until the new site was completely built, but we will be adding features. There are rumors about a blog. Audio (mp3's) may well be among the new features.

I've passed on your suggestion to the powers that be. Until then, did you know that we distribute audio on CD via the "Into the Word" program? All our chapel messages (Bob Godfrey twice every semester, Mike Horton two or three times a year; Hywel Jones preaches weekly!) and other messages also are put on CD and distributed very inexpensively. The link is on the new site.

Keep those cards and letter coming.

rsc

For a second there, I thought the Westminster Shorter Catechism had a new website! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back