Witchcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm not necessarily convinced one way or the other on how it works, but I opted away from it.
No idea how it works, but it does. I’ve used two pieces of coat hanger to locate drainage tile quite accurately.

To "witch" for water was quite common where I grew up, and it was often done by men I would consider Godly (the word "witch" as a noun in English was always a reference to a female soothsayer, and this is consistent with Scripture). I think this word can be used as a verb in a way that does not require it to be associated with evil. Taken as a verb, it can simply mean to reveal something or to be wise in something, in the way that "divine" is sometimes similarly used as a verb, but both usages are fairly archaic - when we currently hear "witch" or "witchery" it only seems to be used to refer to a delving into or revealing via sorcery or necromancy (or "soothsaying" as Scripture often calls it). But "witching" for water is an ancient practice and I don't think it had an evil connotation. I remember watching an old guy do it when I was a kid and it seemed unusual but not evil. Kinda like the end of Genesis 30.

The etymology of "witch" is all over the place - you can find the word used in a 13th century translation to describe the faithful Hebrew midwives in Exodus 1 who hid the infants from Pharaoh, and you can find it used in the16th century to describe a wise woman. But this to me is a worrying sign of the times:
1686567246178.png

No idea how it works, but it does. I’ve used two pieces of coat hanger to locate drainage tile quite accurately.
My ex-wife had attempted to cast spells on people. She claimed she didn't know how they worked, but said they did.

Not sure how the two are related. It’s not like I was asking some spirit to help me.
My response might have been poorly worded. I'm not saying that you were.

Just saying that some people are doing what is clearly witchcraft without actually calling on a particular spirit/deity.

My response might have been poorly worded. I'm not saying that you were.

Just saying that some people are doing what is clearly witchcraft without actually calling on a particular spirit/deity.
I agree with you on that. That, however, is not what is going on with the water lines. It has to do with running water and electromagnetism

I agree with you on that. That, however, is not what is going on with the water lines. It has to do with running water and electromagnetism
It may. I can't say that I know it doesn't. It just made me uneasy because the ones suggesting it didn't know or care how it worked. All they knew was they could trust the stick.

Im an EMT, I remember a patient I had years ago. He was trashing a room at the end of the hallway, screaming. His partner told me he had been busy with his ‘occultic stuff’ including doing tarot, ouija &c, then just flipped. The house was decorated with strange pictures on the wall. Statues of the devil sat on shelves & units.Cops went in ahead of me & colleague and, thankfully, secured him from hurting anyone. He was on the floor surrounded by tarot cards and ouija board &c. He was covered in tattoos of various symbols including the name Aleister Crowley, jewelry, long fingernails. He was wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth and shouting & screaming in what sounded like other languages.
We conveyed him to hospital all the while he was trying to bite lumps out of the ambulance trolley mattress.
Very strange & eery indeed. I still to this day am convinced he was probably leapt upon by an unclean spirit while leaving himself wide open through occultic practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back