William Gurnall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingFlax

Puritan Board Sophomore
I was recently tempted to purchase Gurnall's [u:f5496bb6b8]Christian in Complete Armor [/u:f5496bb6b8](vol. 1) ...Banner of Truth Edition...but I wanted to do some research first.

The 3 volumns were edited and abridged by people associated with David Wilkerson. It seems that Banner of Truth also publishes a hardcover edition of the work all in one volumn (I don't know if it is abridged too). Does anyone know anything about this work? Should I go with the one big issue or the 3 smaller ones?

Also, recently (someone) included an article on meditation here on the PB. I believe that the article was written by Joel Beeke. Ever since the reconfiguration of this site I have not been able to find this article!!! Neither could I find it on Google. Does anyone out there know how I could get my hands on that article???

Thanks.

The larger 1 volume commenary is unabridged. I would go with that one. But if you're new to the Puritans and just want a taste of their writing, then go for the 3 volume abridged.

Wymer:

Why wouldn't it be allowed here? I don't see anything in the rules/regulations that would disallow it...

Also, why are you selling it? Not to your taste? Is it marked all up?

How 'bout $15.00?

I think I've read enough Puritan stuff to have a certain comfort level with it...even the old stuff with s's that look like f's.

The book cost me $45 or so. It is perfect, no markings except for my name. Actually, it's a book I've meant to study but in the last few years or so I haven't so realistically I'm thinking it'd be wiser to use the money rather than let the book sit around. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to list it for, but for sure it'll be substantially more than $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back