Whole Bean Coffees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all should have seen the flames we generated when we tried to use a home roaster! The idea was we could get green beans cheaper and have our coffee fresh-roasted. We had had one that worked fairly well, but in tiny batches. So we went to a larger style, saw its pyro tendencies, and haven't tried it again:lol:

If we were real coffee snobs, we'd be suggesting you get Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica. But I doubt the office will spring for $60/lb...

Coffee Review - The World's Leading Coffee Guide rates most of these coffees on a 100 point scale. They are done by professional tasters and have full descriptions.

My wife gets huge amounts of Kirkland Signature Columbian (rated 83/100) at Costco and I freeze most of it and keep about a week supply unfrozen. I don't know how cheap it is but she says cheaper than TJ's.

The Dunkin' and Trader Joe's advocates are also correct, many their coffees rate in the 80s and 90s and are cheap.

If you don't use a french press, then it won't matter....;)

The man speaks truth!!!!

There is only one way to make good coffee, and it is the French Press!

Hmm... think I should go make some right now...

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

BTW, if you can find Brazilian coffee beans, I highly recommend them.

We're fond of Sumatra beans (and it actually shows up in Costco every once in a while). There are several varieties, but that doesn't usually come into play unless you're buying green beans to roast. Generally, we've enjoyed the Indonesian types, but have found South American coffee to be to highly acidic. My husband loves the African coffees, but I generally find them to be bitter. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I second that,Costco has a three pound bag of the Sumatra french roast (red bag) for about 19 bucks,it's the best buy for a quality coffee and it's dirt cheap for us being on a tight budget

Find a coffee store that sells Peruvian beans and dark roast Costa Rican beans. Mix them together in a 2:1 ratio Peruvian to the Costa Rican. (Two peruvian beans for every Costa Rican bean. Just guesstimate don't actually count them). Use a French Press and grind the beans fresh for each batch. Result - pure heaven on earth if you are a coffee nut. (like me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back