1 clove garlic, chopped
2 C water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Worchestire Sauce
4 drops Tobasco Sauce
2 C clams, chopped with juice
1 Pint Half and Half

Saute bacon until crisp; add onions, potatoes, green peppers, celery, carrots, and garlic. Pour in water and season with salt, pepper, Worchestire Sauce*, and Tobasco.*

Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.

Mash mixture slightly with potato masher.

In separate pan, heat clams in their juice and add heated clams/juice to potato mixture. Pour in half and half cream. Stir well and heat until hot but do not boil.

Serves 4 and a hot cheese-bread accompanies, nicely.

*DO NOT SUBSTITUTE WITH "ROTEL", OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHATEVER THAT PARTICULAR PRODUCT MIGHT BE.

AND DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE!

Now, this is a soup I can eat without the dramatics that accompany bean soup.

Rhonda, I was with you until the "DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE" part. Nope, gotta bail on that one...if a soup's too good for Velveeta, that's where I draw the line!! :rolleyes:

Rhonda, I was with you until the "DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE" part. Nope, gotta bail on that one...if a soup's too good for Velveeta, that's where I draw the line!! :rolleyes:

Ha!

Well, if you insist, might I recommend you only grate just a little bit to add to the top of your soup bowl . . .for flavor accentuation only!

Otherwise, you risk adding gunk to your body and soul, as well as destroying the finer culinary taste of my most excellent winter soup recipe. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back