Where were you born and raised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BaptistCanuk
Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Everyone is :welcome:

We stayed in Windsor when we went to the Detroit Kennel Club dog show a few years ago. A nice, quiet town when we were there.

Born in Garrett, Indiana, just north of Fort Wayne. Lived there 26 years then got married and started moving around.

Hey that's cool Gerry, I'm glad you liked it here. For the most part it still is a quiet town despite it's size and proximity to Detroit, but the violence has picked up here some. :(

My fiancee and I have a friend in Ft. Wayne. We went to see a Komets hockey game once and then we saw a Notre Dame/Michigan hockey game there last year.

Ah, the Komets. Every game I ever saw there was a fight and multiple penalties. Something about the game, I guess. Although when I went to a hockey game in the Soo I don't remember a fight. Maybe the Canadiens had more restraint.

I haven't been home or seen my family in 29yrs...I went "missing" as a child...got hold of them a few years ago. We are hoping to go visit next year.

Originally posted by gwine
Ah, the Komets. Every game I ever saw there was a fight and multiple penalties. Something about the game, I guess. Although when I went to a hockey game in the Soo I don't remember a fight. Maybe the Canadiens had more restraint.

:lol: Maybe it was just your "luck" when you went to their games. I don't remember there being any fights when I went. There could have been but I'm not as crazy about fights as I used to be so I wouldn't remember.

As for Canadians having more restraint, maybe that's why there were no fights. Most of the Ft. Wayne team were Canadians. :lol::banana:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
I haven't been home or seen my family in 29yrs...I went "missing" as a child...got hold of them a few years ago. We are hoping to go visit next year.

I hope you get to see them. :pray2:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

Wow, that's a long, long time. I'm glad you were able to hook up with them again, and hope it works out for next year.

I was born and reared in a tobacco farming community called Loris, in northeastern South Carolina, in 1962. We lived in Colonial Heights and Petersburg, Virginia from 1963-1967, then returned to our hometown. I remained in Loris until 1994 (except for four years of college in Clinton and Florence, SC). In 1994 I moved to the county seat of Conway. Been here ever since.

As you can see, I am a world traveler par excellence!:lol:

Originally posted by DrawnbytheFather
Originally posted by LarryCook
55-56 Ft. McClellan, AL
56-56 Ft. Carson, CO
56-59 Stuttgart, FRG
59-61 Wheeling, WV
61-63 Owensboro, KY
63-66 Ft. Bragg, NC
66-69 Kaiseralautern, FRG
69-74 Ft. Lee, VA
64-76 Radcliff, KY
76-79 Aschaffenburg, FRG
79-81 Ft. Stewart, GA
81-82 Ft. Rucker, AL
82-83 Dong du Chon, ROK
83-86 Hunter AAF (Savannah), GA
86-89 New Orleans, LA
89-92 Pace, FL
92-95 Williamsburg, VA
95-96 Sunrise, FL
96-99 Vero Beach, FL
99-02 Indian Trail, NC
02-05 Fort Mill, SC
05-06 Greenville, SC
looking maybe to relocate to Texas in 07

Hi Larry, I lived in Simpsonville from December, 1978 until April, 1982. I live in the Columbia area now. Another interesting thing is that my ex husband lived in Radcliff, KY for many years. His dad used to be an air traffic controller at Fort Knox. My ex went to school there in Radcliff, and if you mentioned it, I would recognize it. He lived there during the years that you did. He graduated from high school in 1976.
His sister is buried there in Elizabethtown. His name is Michael Blake. He, and I, both live in the Columbia area. He used to live in Simpsonville too, which is where we met.
Ooops...Radcliff 74 to 76 not 64 to 76. We are enjoying Simpsonville and it I am sure has grown a lot since 82 as has the entire upstate area, especially Greenville. My brother Don and Jim graduated from I believe it was called North Hardin High but it was the county h.s. in Radcliff and they were 74 and I think 78 or 79. I left there the year he graduated and went into the Army. I imagine that we were in Jerry's restaurant at the same time at some point. (I think that is the name of it).

Say hi to him for me!
Larry

Originally posted by DrawnbytheFather
55-56 Ft. McClellan, AL
56-56 Ft. Carson, CO
56-59 Stuttgart, FRG
59-61 Wheeling, WV
61-63 Owensboro, KY
63-66 Ft. Bragg, NC
66-69 Kaiseralautern, FRG
69-74 Ft. Lee, VA
64-76 Radcliff, KY
76-79 Aschaffenburg, FRG
79-81 Ft. Stewart, GA
81-82 Ft. Rucker, AL
82-83 Dong du Chon, ROK
83-86 Hunter AAF (Savannah), GA
86-89 New Orleans, LA
89-92 Pace, FL
92-95 Williamsburg, VA
95-96 Sunrise, FL
96-99 Vero Beach, FL
99-02 Indian Trail, NC
02-05 Fort Mill, SC
05-06 Greenville, SC
looking maybe to relocate to Texas in 07

Hi Larry, I lived in Simpsonville from December, 1978 until April, 1982. I live in the Columbia area now. Another interesting thing is that my ex husband lived in Radcliff, KY for many years. His dad used to be an air traffic controller at Fort Knox. My ex went to school there in Radcliff, and if you mentioned it, I would recognize it. He lived there during the years that you did. He graduated from high school in 1976.
His sister is buried there in Elizabethtown. His name is Michael Blake. He, and I, both live in the Columbia area. He used to live in Simpsonville too, which is where we met.
Ooops...Radcliff 74 to 76 not 64 to 76. We are enjoying Simpsonville and it I am sure has grown a lot since 82 as has the entire upstate area, especially Greenville. My brother Don and Jim graduated from I believe it was called North Hardin High but it was the county h.s. in Radcliff and they were 74 and I think 78 or 79. I left there the year he graduated and went into the Army. I imagine that we were in Jerry's restaurant at the same time at some point. (I think that is the name of it).

Say hi to him for me!
Larry

That's too cool! Yep, it was North Hardin High School, that was it. He would have graduated probably in 1976, or 1977. I'll give him a call, and tell him about you guys. Mike lives about ten miles from me, and his brother, Doug, lives in Simpsonville, right around Graceland East Cemetary (which is also where my parents are buried).

My brothers live in Simpsonville too. My husband and I talked about moving to Simpsonville, but we wound up staying here, and bought a house in West Columbia. Simpsonville has definitely changed. Mike and I were married in April, 1982, and that's when I left there. Unfortunately, we divorced in 1986. When my family and I moved there in December, 1978, it was a little country town. Now it's huge. When we were there at Christmas a year ago (I didn't go this past Christmas, I was sick, but my husband and daughters did), I didn't even recognize the Fairview Road exit! I was driving and had to get my bearings. If it had been dark, I would have been in big trouble, lol. I've got a lot of great memories of that area.

We stayed in Windsor when we went to the Detroit Kennel Club dog show a few years ago. A nice, quiet town when we were there.

Born in Garrett, Indiana, just north of Fort Wayne. Lived there 26 years then got married and started moving around.

Windsor isn't so quiet anymore. A police officer was murdered last week.:tombstone: Please :pray2: for his wife and young children.

Windsor isn't so quiet anymore. A police officer was murdered last week.:tombstone: Please :pray2: for his wife and young children.

That is sad news. Will :pray2:.

I was born in Bayonne, NJ on August 27, 1946.

On October 6, 1946 I was baptized at First Reformed Church (Dutch Reformed). The building which housed the church has become a national historic landmark. The congregation had been founded in the late 1600's by Dutch colonists who had settled that area.

The summer prior to my 13th birthday we moved to Cranford, NJ, where I went to high school.

Born and raised in Pole Tavern, NJ
Stillwater, OK
Dallas, TX
Owings Mills, MD
Greenwich, CT
Grapevine, TX
Bedford, TX
Hurst, TX
Lake Wylie, SC
Raleigh, NC
Youngsville, America (NC)

Status