Where to Begin in a New Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, having been born in Vidalia and spending the first two decades or so of my life growing up near there, I am THRILLED to hear a reformed pastor/church will be in the area. Praise God!

Yes, having been born in Vidalia and spending the first two decades or so of my life growing up near there, I am THRILLED to hear a reformed pastor/church will be in the area. Praise God!

Well, a reformed pastor anyway. Thanks for the kind words. Please pray that God would bless my efforts among these people. If you find yourself in town some time, look me up or come worship with us.

I suggest Philippians because as you are beginning your ministry with these people and as you are just getting to know them - and they you - I think it is advisable to NOT come out with your theological guns blazing... and with a book like Ephesians it is really easy to come out with guns blazing. Philippians is a relatively "easy" and "happy" book. It allows you to preach faithfully and build some rapport and credibility with your congregation prior to going into the deep theological stuff with them.

I suggest Philippians because as you are beginning your ministry with these people and as you are just getting to know them - and they you - I think it is advisable to NOT come out with your theological guns blazing... and with a book like Ephesians it is really easy to come out with guns blazing. Philippians is a relatively "easy" and "happy" book. It allows you to preach faithfully and build some rapport and credibility with your congregation prior to going into the deep theological stuff with them.

I agree! I made the mistake of starting with the 10 Commandments! Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back