Where (and why) was my topic moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinningplates2

Puritan Board Freshman
Yesterday I started Thread asking for advice concerning the Fairness Doctrine. When I checked it later it was gone. When I tried to find it I was not permitted to access it because I did not have enough posts.

My question is, why was it moved? Was it in the wrong area?

I didn't move it, but I'm certain it was moved to the Politics and Government forum. Any political discussion belongs there. It's an area that you can ask for access to from any administrator.

Any posts of even the most remote political nature belong in the Politics and Government Forum. Generally speaking those that are not posted there are automatically deleted by the Mods. However, I suspect that since you are new to the PB one of the Mods kindly just moved it to the appropriate forum. One of them can grant you access to that forum upon your request.

Alan,

I believe you need at least 25 posts in order to view the Member's Only Forums. This includes the political threads.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have learned that even the things that seem easy to other people are not always clear to me. I did not even know there was a Politics and Government forum. ( I did look.)

Thanks, I have learned that even the things that seem easy to other people are not always clear to me. I did not even know there was a Politics and Government forum. ( I did look.)

I think we all had this same problem when we first joined. :lol: I just became a member of the politics forum a couple weeks ago.

Earlier today, someone (SemperFidelis perhaps) made a post about Capt. Kirk and Gun Control. I posted a "quick reply," but my comment was not allowed. When I went back to the homepage, I saw the original post had been removed. What gives?

I am still having problems. Where is the Politics and Government Forum? I joined and I guess I was hoping that a link would pop up. I clicked on the Puritan Board but still not see the link.

I am still having problems. Where is the Politics and Government Forum? I joined and I guess I was hoping that a link would pop up. I clicked on the Puritan Board but still not see the link.

That little note that you had insufficient posts to read the forum is the key. There are forums on the site that the user must wait until he has been sufficiently vetted before he may participate on them. You'll have 25 posts soon and you'll be able to participate in Member's Only forums after that point.

In the future, if you have a question as to where and why your thread was moved, contact one of the Moderators or Admins instead of asking the board at large.

Well this will be my 25 post. Am I going to see these hidden forums or will I still be confused? I usually have to wait longer when I want a question answered. But I will delay the finding out about the Politics forum to let the Admins and Moderators know that I am sorry if I did not contact you first and that is the preferred method. I am not even sure how I would have contacted you if I had know I should have. I can only assure you this was attempt to get help from a Moderator.

Now for the 25th post.

Alan, you are doing just fine. Everyone goes through this burn in period. There IS a learning curve on the Puritanboard so please don't feel awkward or confused, instead, please feel appreciated for joining with us and making the community better.

Blessings brother!

Well this will be my 25 post. Am I going to see these hidden forums or will I still be confused? I usually have to wait longer when I want a question answered. But I will delay the finding out about the Politics forum to let the Admins and Moderators know that I am sorry if I did not contact you first and that is the preferred method. I am not even sure how I would have contacted you if I had know I should have. I can only assure you this was attempt to get help from a Moderator.

Now for the 25th post.

No apology necessary. Sometimes information is provided simply so people know how things work. I wasn't upset, I was just passing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back