What should I memorize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AThornquist

Puritan Board Doctor
Hiyas, brothers and sisters.

In this short life of mine I want to be entrenched in the glorious truths of God's word. Therefore, I want to start memorizing Scripture and theological things. I was wondering if you all would suggest what you think I should memorize and perhaps in what order. There is so much I want to memorize, it may help to have a systematic way to go about it.

Would using confessions and/or catechisms be a helpful tool for systematization? I vaguely recall reading that.

Thank you :)

Memorize whole books: then you can analyse the flow of thought at endless leisure while driving, etc. James or 1 Peter are fairly easy to memorize.

Memorize whole books: then you can analyse the flow of thought at endless leisure while driving, etc. James or 1 Peter are fairly easy to memorize.

I found Matthew fairly easy to memorize, too. having a Gospel in the brain pocket is a plus.

Theognome

Romans is great. but I got "saturated" after Ch 7, and had to go elsewhere for a while. then I came back to it. Paul is such dense material. John is phenomenal. Sadly, those are the only two books I've got. The rest are scattered verses.

I think I am going to memorize Romans and John while I am reading through the Word chronologically. I would like to go through the SC as well, but I would like to also have memorized the context of the verses I read, and Romans and John seem like a good start. It should last me a while. Thanks all for the input!

I am not sure if this is what you had in mind, but i enjoyed working through this message.it was helpful and also suggests many other ideas
20 How can We Improve Our Memory in Relation to Spiritual Things?
Pastor Trevor Kirkland
Templepatrick Reformed Church Play! | MP3

SUN 03/08/2009
Sunday Service

2 “Very helpful!” 4/9/09 • thank you for this helpful sermon and the encouragement it gave me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back