used book store

Status
Not open for further replies.

coramdeo

Puritan Board Sophomore
just went to a used book store and found 3 small works:
"Does Inerrancy Matter?" by James Montgomery Boice (foreword by J.I. Packer)
"What is Providence" by Derek W.H. Thomas (Basics of the Reformed Faith Series)
and "Treasures of Spurgeon".... all for $5
Did I do good?

Late reply, but it sounds like you did well. I am not familiar with Derek Thomas however. hope you enjoy the reading!

You did very well. And please, become familiar with Derek Thomas! He is great! And a genuinely nice guy. I was at a Ligonier Conference a few years ago, and sitting in the lobby of the hotel where the conference was taking place. Derek Thomas came in and sat down next to me and struck up a conversation with me (we were talking about the Confessional view of the Sabbath). Here I am, a nobody, and this great teacher is talking to me!!!

you cant possibly be a nobody.

As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.” ps16:3

Derek teaches here at RTS Jackson, he is on sabbatical this semester so I have to suffer through Systematics I with Ligon Duncan, just kidding about the suffering part, but I will have him for ST II and III. I have had several discussions with him and he really is a great guy, not to mention knowledgeable. If anyone cares he did his doctoral work on Calvin's sermons on Job. I believe he is the only person on the planet who has read every sermon Calvin has done on Job.:graduate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back