United Methodists Boycott Taco Bell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also agreed to allow an openly homosexual female pastor keep her job and her ordination!

So I will go to Taco Bell and boycott the UMC church in town!!

Phillip

"I will go to Taco Bell and boycott the UMC church in town!!"

Yeah, I got the urge for a chalupa after reading the article. Actually my intent on the UMC site was to find out more about the issue you raised - originally I had heard that they were going to uphold the ban - if you really want to get queasy read some of the "sermons" during the Conference! Better not have filled up on burritos first! :lol:

[b:4fbe9e8a0a]United Methodists Boycott Taco Bell...[/b:4fbe9e8a0a]

That's good news. Now there shouldn't be any wait to get a seat.

If John Wesley could see them now! Would he recognize the church he founded? :rolleyes:

Bob

I have thought long and hard about this, and I have come to the conclusion that when a church stops taking doctrine seriously and making worshipping God the focus of the church, they end up getting into these little causes (which are so silly really) because it makes them feel like they still have a purpose. They are no longer a "church" in the true sense of the word. They are a "social action committee" looking for causes.

I end up with a half and half reaction:

:mad:/:rolleyes:

The more secularly humanist the church goes, the more causes it fights for (or against, depending). Just look at the Unitarians! (oops, is that a swear word on this board?)

Mary
:D:wink:

If we make worshipping God our focus (a right honorable profession, if you ask me) do we not at the same time and as a necessary concommitant also take doctrine seriously?

As for Taco Bell, I stopped eating there when I discovered real Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Sundoulos,

I didn't make my point clearly:

One the one side of the equation is doctrine AND worshipping God. The other side of the equation is excessive social activism...

Sorry. You'd think I could formulate a thought better than that by now!

Mary :D

[quote:0d6080ffaa][i:0d6080ffaa]Originally posted by pastorway[/i:0d6080ffaa]
They also agreed to allow an openly homosexual female pastor keep her job and her ordination!

Phillip [/quote:0d6080ffaa]

:think: Taco Bell food is nasty, BUT eating there annoys the UMC. What to do? :puzzled:

Taco Viva was much better.

The "wet" Burrito. Mmmmm Mmmmm Mm.

But I will follow in PastorWays footsteps and boycott the UMC by getting some pintos and cheeze tomorrow.

The methodists formed their church against the will of Wesley right? He didn't want them to break off of the Anglican church (etc.) and form a new denomination...

Rembrandt

Cool Paul, I didn't know that. I'm a lot vague on Wesleyanism. Wasn't Oswald Chambers into the Wesleyan holiness thang?

Doing a Search on O.Chambers, I found this. So, I have a question, what's a Good Reformed source for a Devotional reading?

Originally posted by mjbee
Cool Paul, I didn't know that. I'm a lot vague on Wesleyanism. Wasn't Oswald Chambers into the Wesleyan holiness thang?

Spurgeon's Morning and Evening

William Jay's 2 volumes Morning Exercises & Evening Exercises
(these last two are simply indescribable; to think that some folks had this man for a minister for decades... incredibly rich)

Originally posted by pastorway

Phillip

:ditto:

Being reminded of this has stirred up the urge for this former UMCer to run for the border!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back