Trying to find: "Lord's Day" by Daniel Wilson + need advice on a covenant theology book

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew11v25

Puritan Board Sophomore
I have looked at a number of online book sellers (half, amazon, cumberland, monergism, heritage) and cannot seem to find "The Lord's Day" by Daniel Wilson. Anyone know off hand where to find it? PLUS has anyone read it? and did you like it?

I am looking for further study sources for the Lord's Day. Studied a few things already: "Lord's day" by Pipa; "call the sabbath a delight"; webmaster's series...any ideas?

thanks for the help.

Random question. IF I BUY ONE BOOK/SERIES ON COVENANT THEOLOGY WHAT SHOULD I GET (already have webmaster's)?

"The Covenant of Life Opened" by Rev. Samuel Rutherford - most excellent.

Other than that one, I have not read Michael Horton's new book on CT, "God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology". I can't speak intelligibly on it.

There really is not much else unless you deal with a systematic theology book.

Originally posted by matthew11v25
I have looked at a number of online book sellers (half, amazon, cumberland, monergism, heritage) and cannot seem to find \"The Lord's Day\" by Daniel Wilson. Anyone know off hand where to find it? PLUS has anyone read it? and did you like it?

I am looking for further study sources for the Lord's Day. Studied a few things already: \"Lord's day\" by Pipa; \"call the sabbath a delight\"; webmaster's series...any ideas?

thanks for the help.

Random question. IF I BUY ONE BOOK/SERIES ON COVENANT THEOLOGY WHAT SHOULD I GET (already have webmaster's)?

Witsius, Economy of the Covenants, 2 vols. repr. by P&R. (apparently, out of print, but try bibliofind.com and book finder.com and alibris.com)

Horton, God of Promise

rsc

The Puritanboard needs a new smily icon.

One that looks like this:

:ditto:

But in place of ditto on the sign, it needs to say Read Witsius!

Originally posted by R. Scott Clark
I have looked at a number of online book sellers (half, amazon, cumberland, monergism, heritage) and cannot seem to find \"The Lord's Day\" by Daniel Wilson. Anyone know off hand where to find it? PLUS has anyone read it? and did you like it?

I am looking for further study sources for the Lord's Day. Studied a few things already: \"Lord's day\" by Pipa; \"call the sabbath a delight\"; webmaster's series...any ideas?

thanks for the help.

Witsius, Economy of the Covenants, 2 vols. repr. by P&R. (apparently, out of print, but try bibliofind.com and book finder.com and alibris.com)

Horton, God of Promise

rsc

Do you know the approach Horton is taking with the book (i.e. general layout)?

thanks for the link...have not decided if I want to pre-order it just yet.

matt

[Edited on 2-9-2006 by matthew11v25]

I have looked at a number of online book sellers (half, amazon, cumberland, monergism, heritage) and cannot seem to find "The Lord's Day" by Daniel Wilson. Anyone know off hand where to find it?

Go here--> http://www.bookfinder.com/

Type in the Author's name, and then the title, and you should get a number of hits as to where and how you can obtain a used copy. Several places/prices were displayed for me.

DTK

Originally posted by C. Matthew McMahon
"The Covenant of Life Opened" by Rev. Samuel Rutherford - most excellent.

Other than that one, I have not read Michael Horton's new book on CT, "God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology". I can't speak intelligibly on it.

There really is not much else unless you deal with a systematic theology book.

matt,
how does rutherford compare to Witsius? I am guessing Rutherford is an easier read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back