Triumph Over Temptation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Puritan Board Freshman
I just finished
Triumph Over Temptation. It's 3 of John Owen's Works (Of Indwelling Sin, Of Temptation, and The Mortification of Sin) put in a single book with updated language and a little bit of abridging. I know many of you here have read Owen but I have to say it is an amazing book, no other book I have read is as practical and biblically sound as this book. It should be a must read for every Christian. He nails how sin effects the believer so well that you feel as if he is speaking directly about your own life. Very few books I read cause me to put them down and either pray, go read scripture, or think about what he just said for the next hour. This book did all three numerous times.

I will be returning to this book a lot. :book2:

Bryan
SDG

I've got that book, I think. The introduction is by J.I.Packer. I've also got the unabridged Mortification of Sin, but haven't found the other two in that set.

Yet another book to add to the stacks of unread writings that litter my apartment. I was thinking of getting ALL of Owen's works some day so I'm kind of hesitant to buy single items (of his) at this point.

Sounds like a good one though'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back