Thoughts on Mark Driscoll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Puritan Board Junior
Without violating the 9th commandment, what are your thoughts on Mark Driscoll? I've been wondering after the thread on his supposed visions.

I think you're mature/wise enough to make your own conclusion on Mr. Driscoll. Unless you have a specific question about some aspect of his ministry, I don't see this thread as being very productive.

Smart. Funny. Used to be crude but repented. Trendy. Preaches the Gospel. Sees visions of people getting molested, raped, and abused on a regular basis. Hates Avatar and Twilight. Good communicator. Very influential among young Reformed people. I would cautiously recommend his materials, but I would recommend them nonetheless. He has his faults, but the Lord is using him. Like us all, he needs encouragement and correction; his faults are just displayed for all the world to see because of his popularity.

I think you're mature/wise enough to make your own conclusion on Mr. Driscoll. Unless you have a specific question about some aspect of his ministry, I don't see this thread as being very productive.

I do have some of my own conclusions. I want to know the input of others.

They are legion and have easily come to surface on a plethora of other threads pertaining to the man. You will receive a hodgepodge of conflicting opinions and it will simply inflame futile discussions about the man all the more. He's certainly not Puritanesque. I agree with Mr. Silva.

I find some of the threads on certain subjects hard to follow along, but none the less if a moderator wants to close this they can. Thank you for your advice.

2 Ti 2:20 Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable.
He's one of those, I'm just not sure which.

Okay I thought you where an administrator but I wasn't sure for a second
I am an Administrator, but my comment was not made from the office of Administrator. Rather, I made it is a private person.

Sounds like a politician to me. :lol:

Or, "Dr. Dobson is endorsing Candidate X as a private person and not as the head of Focus on the Family."

If it's unclear to Sean or anyone, I'm sure Joshua means that he's speaking for himself and is not necessarily speaking for the Board Owners and Admins in some official way.

Last edited:
what are your thoughts on Mark Driscoll?

I'm not on Mark Driscoll, I've never been on Mark Driscoll, nor do I ever want to be, so I am unable to formulate what my thoughts are or would be on him.

HOWEVER....

I'm guessing that you meant to ask for our opinions concerning, regarding, about, or pertaining to Mark Driscoll. In that case I will say that my opinions are as follows: generally positive, somewhat cynical, mildly skeptical, but mostly there is an overarching umbrella of ambivalence.

Instead of talking about Mark Driscoll, why don't we just keep our opinions to ourselves and get down on our knees and pray for him.

I'm not on Mark Driscoll, I've never been on Mark Driscoll, nor do I ever want to be, so I am unable to formulate what my thoughts are or would be on him.

You've been waiting for some time to use this on someone. Congratulations! Your patience has paid off. ;)

I have to admit that it felt good to conjure up my inner Josh.

Unfortunately you missed an opportunity to do it again here. :) I thought surely you'd respond with

"Yes, I've been waiting to us it on someone, but nobody will sit still long enough for me to do so"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back