The Reformed Reader: Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authorised

Puritan Board Freshman
So there I am in my local half price book store, and I'm looking for decent books in the religious section (a task which involves looking at every book) and as I'm going through, thinking to myself that the heretical books get off the shelves at night and breed together, I come across a thick volume called "The Reformed Reader." So I looked through the table of contents and realized it was a compilation of various writers about various topics. It seemed interesting, so I bought it. Well I got home to further peruse my lucky find and started right in with "Election and Reprobation," right after I noticed it said "Volume II: Modern Reformation Thought" on the side. Ok. Great. As I started to read, I realized I wasn't understanding very much. "Who IS this writer?" I thought to myself. Karl Barth. "Karl Barth? Who is that?"

THE BOOK IS FULL OF HERESY!

I now have a four dollar doorstop. :tomb:

:lol:

Sorry you learned about Karl Barth the hard way Aaron. funny story though. Pretend you bought a cheeseburger and dropped it in the parking lot on the way to the car. That's my technique for small monetary losses like that.

you now have an excellent example of an educated man who takes words and concepts and not just twists them but turns them upside down.

He's like Norman Geisler's evil twin or something...

If understanding was a dog, Barth killed it and is now kicking the dead body around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back