The History of Providence As Explained in the Bible by Alexander Carson

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

I'm wondering if any of you are familiar with the book 'The History of Providence As Explained in the Bible' by Alexander Carson?

I'm specifically curious as to its value -- is it worth the time to read?

Thanks, y'all. Grace to you.

Carson of course is most well known for his work "Baptism in its Mode and Subjects". I don't know anything about this work, but I'm guessing it is probably worthwhile, especially if you are interested in olde Baptist books. Here is an excerpt: IF A BAPTIST, WHY? VIII | SermonAudio.com

You might try the Reformed Baptist FB group or even the Baptist Board for folks who may be more familiar with this book.

Interesting, Chris. I was/am not familiar with him at all. Just came across the book & noticed the Banner had printed an edition, so it raised my curiousity.

Thanks for the info!

I wound up getting a used copy through paperbackswap. It came over the weekend so I've not yet started it, but read a number of excerpts online (and found A.W. Pink quoting favorably from it) before getting this copy. It looks like it'll be a helpful little volume!

I'll try to remember to do some small write-up on it when I actually get a chance to read it (not likely until Jan 2015 due to the pace of Nov-Dec at the church).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back