The Harold Camping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've figured out his problem (other than the fact that he's a false prophet). He didn't account for the change from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. That gives him another 12 days or so to mislead his followers.

Wow. Imagine being Robert Fitzpatrick, the 60 yr old fellow who sold nearly everything to follow Camping only to show up in Times Square on "doomsday" to be jeered in the rain. How very sad.

And this on Harold Camping's Wikipedia page:
Reuters reported that the curtains were drawn in Camping's house in Alameda, California, on May 21 and that nobody was answering the door.

What a grievous occurrence and occasion for the enemies of God to blaspheme. :(

And what a glorious moment to teach what the Bible truly says about the end of time, and the need that all people have for the atoning blood of Christ for them.

The other day I came across a series of posts by W. Robert Godfrey that give a lot of background on Camping, including his previously being an orthodox Christian Reformed Bible teacher and elder. In case this link hasn't been posted here previously, I post it here.

http://wscal.edu/news-and-events/de...ording-to-harold-camping-by-w.-robert-godfrey

The signs have been placed by Harold Camping and his followers to warn people that the end is at hand. To understand these signs we must know something of the history as well as the theology of Harold Camping. I am in a somewhat distinctive position to write on this subject since I first met Camping in the late 1950s. I learned a great deal from him then, and so I find what follows a very sad story. I pray for him that the Lord will deliver him from the serious errors into which he has fallen.
While a high school student in Alameda, California, I began to attend the Alameda Christian Reformed Church. It was there that I was converted through the influence of a number of people in the congregation, including Harold Camping. At that time he was an elder in the congregation and taught the Bible lessons for the high school youth group. He was a conservative, traditional adherent of the Christian Reformed Church and would remain so for many years.

Last edited:
One pretty cool thing happened this morning at our church. We have a young man in our church, about 9 or 10, who can be a bit of a handful at times. Although he comes to SS and church almost every week (his grandmother brings him), he rarely pays attention in worship. Today he came to me before church, telling me about how afraid he was on Saturday because he thought the world was coming to an end. So I had the opportunity to talk to him for several minutes about the gospel. When I finished, he said to me, "So basically what you're telling me is that if I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I am trusting in God, I don't have have to worry." For a ten year old, that's not too bad. I told him that if he was going to be a follower of Christ, then that faith would need to work itself out in his life. So he needed to listen and participate in SS, and the same in church. I explained to him why people sang and listened to the sermon and encouraged him to do the same. I found John's gospel for him in his Bible (which he brought today) and encouraged him to read it. He thanked me and hurried off to SS.

The thought of strangling an 89 year old man for terrorizing small children did go through my mind at least once, but perhaps this will bear fruit. The young man is very bright, but has shown little interest in the past in participating in worship. But he did today. He stood and sang with the congregation. He listened to the whole sermon (and told me so after the service!). So maybe some good will come out of this, in God's providence.

Thank you, Pastor Tim, for sharing that story. It is such a blessing to know the true God, who turns even the damnedest lies to His glory.

Harold Camping speaks after Rapture fails to begin on May 21 - Under God - The Washington Post

Somebody on Twitter posted the audio of Camping saying he was flabbergasted and that it was a tough weekend, but I can't find it now. The reporter asked Camping if he hoped people would go to church today (Sunday.) The response was somewhat muffled but from what I could make out he said "I hope not." So it seems that his heresy that the church age is over has not been left behind.

And what a glorious moment to teach what the Bible truly says about the end of time, and the need that all people have for the atoning blood of Christ for them.

More a day of wisecracks and attacks on Christians.

At 6 of 6 stores where I made purchases on Saturday, the staff made comments, and there was nothing edifying possible to say.

I'm guessing you bought Christian books so they where directed in such way weren't they?
I had the same thing a tiny bit at school, a few people made broad generalizations. Its unfortunate.

Camping is on the air right now! oh no he is starting to spiritualize 1994....does not look good so far....has not repented yet.
now it is going to be oct21....because it has to be compressed.....really????how did we miss that...
he is ramblinging about the earths crust...the universe melting?? he is reading a listeners letter...hiding behind it so far.

Because God is merciful....it will not last 5 months because of Hebrews 13:8

Christ weeping over Jerusalem
8:46..still denying hell
8:47 God allowed the warning to go out...but
8:48 no great earthquake yet...the end oct21
8:49 4 days crucial.... may21 ..1988 judgment on the churches day before pentecost.....more double talk against the local churches

He still is saying he is correct but it is oct21..taking questions now,,,unbelievable folly

The only judgment here is upon those who oppose the believing church.

Last edited:
2002...Camping wrote his booklet warning the churches.

8:52 more double talk and rambling
Christ left the church and installed Satan to rule in the churches!!1
1994? judgment and salvation feast of trumpets...rambling
8:54 sept7 1994 high likelihood of judgment

No one saved for three years, then people could be saved outside the church....what Hubris this apostate has
8:58 more ridicule of the church and the members

8;59...can sign up to view the open forum first 30 days for free...unbelievable!!!

may21 2011 judgment and salvation still in view......more spiritualizing....this past weekend....God brought judgment on the world again...we did not see or feel it...but God has brought the whole world under judgment until OCT 2011 then the world will be destroyed
903 no more tracts ..the world has been warned,,,,he is wiping his hands clean of any accountability.....we are just learning that it is spiritual until oct 21
How pathetic is this????

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

He is still saying he is all correct, just that it is all spiritual until oct21 then it will be violent judgment.....what a pathetic loser....no repentance, full of hubris, shameless rambling....They need to throw him out....put the white horse inn, iron sharpens iron,reformed radio,etc back on the air..replace this nonsense
He now denies that his prophecy is wrong at all claiming God has showed him it is correct... like all the apostates do.

9:15 he says he has not made a mistake...may21 was an invisible judgment day....oic!

He says no need to speak about it anymore....just going to play music till the end.....the warning has gone out already.....I can not even make this up!

Last edited:
I am literally having to pray and remind myself that if not for God's grace and mercy I would be just as delusional as Camping. I say I am having to remind myself this because a big part of me is fast running out of sympathy for Camping. I am finding myself disgusted with his perversion of God's precious truth and his arrogance in refusing to repent and admit his errors when it is so painfully obvious he is W-R-O-N-G. :banghead:

Wow!

That was the explanation? Really?

And all of that erstwhile confidence about a physical coming (not a spiritual judgment) was an "oops"? Really?

And all of that money donated (and spent) on billboards and other advertising (including the folks who sold their homes and gave away all of their assets) was still good stewardship? Really?

Well, now Harry says that he didn't understand the full spiritual implications of the May 21 date. He now says that Jesus returned spiritually on Saturday and "put the world under judgment." He now says that the REAL end of the world will be on October 21. So, he gets to be wrong twice this year!

He refuses to admit he is wrong and takes no responsibility for those who sold their possessions, etc.

Such arrogance. Some people just never learn.

Wow is all i can say too! Just, WOW!

Dennis,
At least that gives you 5 more months to rake in all those "donations". :lol:

Actually, I thought the funniest part of the article was where they quoted Tim LaHaye as saying that Camping has the end times all wrong. I was thinking to myself, "Well that makes two of you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back