Storm and its aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSilverMoon

Puritan Board Senior
I just returned from a beach vacation with my wife, parents, and brother, and wanted to share a few photos of an amazing storm and the beautiful sunset in its aftermath. I know this isn't the photo album (mods, please move if appropriate), but this storm was truly awe-inspiring to me, so I thought I'd share some of the natural wonders of God's remarkable creation that I witnessed. This was truly an example of how the "heavens declare the glory." Hope you enjoy...

Watching the storms clouds rapidly gather in a fiercely cool wind was most impressive. The clouds billowed and expanded upon each other until they had completely eclipsed the sunlight:
Storm1.jpg

Storm2.jpg

Storm3.jpg

Stormclouds.jpg

The rain came, from the East as you see here, and eventually from both the East and the West. Remarkably, we were in a narrow high pressure zone and were spared most of the rain despite the swirling clouds above us. In the last picture you can see the two edges of the storm coming together, more or less encircling us:
Storm5.jpg

Storm6.jpg

Afterwards the air was cool, crisp, and clear. Of course, a lovely rainbow was present as well, extending from the sea over the beach to the canal behind:
Rainbowafterstorm.jpg

RainbowoverOnoIsland.jpg

Rainbowoverbeach.jpg

The sunset that evening was gorgeous:
Sunsetatthebeachafterstorm.jpg

SunsetoverOnoIsland.jpg

Beautiful shots, but I still have a hard time with all these storms in summer! A lifetime spent in California can distort one's view of summer weather. Although, I was up camping at Lake Tahoe last week and it was freezing and rained a bit, but we were at 6000 feet so I thought the weather was excusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back