Some Biographies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hart

Puritan Board Senior
If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate help choosing biographies on

1. John Wycliffe
2. Jan Hus
3. John Amos Comenius
4. Jonathan Edwards
5. William Farel
6. Ulrich Zwingli

George Marsden has two biographies of Jonathan Edwards, one quite significantly larger than the other. Both are worthwhile.

On Hus, Matthew Spinka, John Hus: A Biography (Westport: Greenwood Press, 1968)

On Wycliffe, G. R. Evans, John Wyclif: Myth and Reality (Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2005)

On Zwingli, Huldrych Zwingli: His Life and Work (Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1986)

On Farel, it's not a biography as such, but has biographical information: Jason Zuidema and Theodore Van Raalte, Early French Reform (Farnham: Ashgate, 2011).

On Jonathan Edwards, both George Marsden's and Iain Murray's biographies are excellent and in fact go nicely together.

On Jonathan Edwards, both George Marsden's and Iain Murray's biographies are excellent and in fact go nicely together.

Another vote for Murray's bio of Edwards here. I'd like to pick up Marsden's one of these days.

I've not yet read any bios of the other men you list.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

Would anyone happen to know anything about a biography of Farel by Melchior Kirchhofer? It's called A Life of William Farel. It's available on Kindle, and I'm wondering if it's a worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back