Solid Ground Christian Books not responding to order request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkterry

Puritan Board Freshman
On Dec 23rd I made an order on the SGCB website and received their auto confirmation email. However, I have not received my order nor was I charged for it. I believe it was last weekend, I sent them an email inquiring about the status of the order and have heard nothing back.

Is there something going on with them?

Anybody else having any problems ordering from them?

I certainly hope everything is OK.

I hardly order books any more, but when I was buying I just about always had trouble with them. My books from SGCB would come a month or two later. I would call and email them and end up forgetting I ordered the books. But it was a nice surprise to receive books that you forgot you ordered, as long as you do not mind the wait. Their excuses did not appease me. I stopped buying books from them.

Now when I purchase a book its on my Kindle within seconds.

Solid Ground has always provided great costumer service to me. My last order, which was in Dec. also, arrived within days. I think he is on the road right now and might not be able to answer emails quickly.

I have ordered from Michael many times and met him in person at a local conference. I have never had trouble with him at all. He does travel to conferences (setting up book tables) regularly as Ken mentioned.

I ordered Ussher's Body of Divinity from them in December and received it promptly. Last year, friend ordered a couple of books from them as a gift for me, and reported no problems (and this friend is vocal about such things). Very odd that you're having difficulty. I hope it is worked out promptly for you!

I have ordered from him in the past, too with no issues and had prompt service. That is why I am surprised and concerned.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I had a problem with the one and only order I placed with him a few years ago. I know of at least one other person who has had problems. Sometimes the book is not in stock, etc. In my case they were not SGCB books but books published by other publishers. They were still listed on the site but were out of stock. (Whenever that has happened with other sites such as Heritage Books, the charges were reversed immediately.) I would try to give him a call. I'm glad to hear that others have not had problems. At least you weren't charged. My experience sounds like John Komenda's except that there is one book (a very inexpensive one) that I never received at all. But it has been so long now that I don't think I could substantiate it and I can't even remember for sure which one it was. I don't think I had received a confirmation email either at the time.

After the economic downturn I understand that the operation was reduced down to the owner and maybe some family members and was moved into his house. Unless my recollection is way off I'm not talking "out of school" here as this information was conveyed several times via the SGCB email that goes out periodically. Over the past few years prayer has been regularly asked for due to low sales, etc. I haven't looked at any of those emails in at least a few weeks though.

Echoing Ken's point, I did receive an email from him today (bulk email, not addressed solely to me), indicating that he is in fact on the road right now.

I received an email from Michael tonight that my books are ordered from his supplier in the UK (they were Tentmaker Publications). Now anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Thanks to everyone for the testimonials.

Mike hasn't updated his Facebook since Dec. 11th, but he's been tagged in several photos- it appears he's vacationing and visiting family/friends. Good to read about an email! Surprised it wasn't sent sooner, but glad he's ok! I've always had great service from his site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back