So Much for Global Warming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, I've had this explained to me. Global warning really means that we have colder winters and warmer summers, so we should expect more snow in the winter.

Oh wait, it's spring?

One explanation is that the excessive snow and colder weather is due to the melting of the polar ice caps. The water temperature of the ocean drops causing inland temperatures to drop accordingly.

Daniel is correct. The popular theory I'm familiar with is that the increase in polar water disrupts the ocean currents. The result of this is actually a global cooling because the warmer water from the Equator warmed the by sun is no longer brought north to warm northern waters.

I'm with them up until that point. It seems to me if the caps melt, the Earth cools from the disruption in Arctic ice, then shouldn't the Earth "correct itself" via the cooling by re-freezing Arctic ice under the decreased temperatures?

Al Gore says no, we're going to die.

I say that defies logic and a plain reading of the theory, assuming all of the other presumptions to posulate that theory.

Global warming leads to more precipitation and eventual global cooling. Think about it. Warm air is able to hold more water vapour. That vapour eventually leads to precipitation. Precipitation leads to some wonderful things like shrinking deserts, more abundant and verdant flora, and cooler bodies of water. That increased greenery, cooler water, and increased cloud cover lead to global cooling. Once that gets going it begins to alter heating cycles and it gets cooler / colder. Ice packs and glaciers thicken. This binds more water which leads to a drier atmosphere which leads to less precipitation. This leads to desertification, less cloud cover, and a warming surface. Add to this cycle the variable of solar heating and cooling and you get wild swings in average global temps and weather patterns.

And today we get this report, which says the overall antarctic ice is growing, not shrinking:

FOXNews.com - Report: Antarctic Ice Growing, Not Shrinking - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

While at the same time, Congress now debating a "global warming" bill:

Congress Considers Far-Reaching Global Warming Bill - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

It really doesn't matter that anthropocentric global warming is an unproven theory-- and the growing evidence is to the contrary. The myth has too much tax gold for the government to listen to reason.

I'm all for clean air and water, and conserving God's creation as much as possible. But the extreme catastrophe global warming position is not based on anything but political ideology and fear-mongering.

One explanation is that the excessive snow and colder weather is due to the melting of the polar ice caps. The water temperature of the ocean drops causing inland temperatures to drop accordingly.

That reminds me of the old joke where an aircraft, after losing 2 out of three engines on a trans-continental flight, and at the loss of each engine the pilot assured everyone that although it would take longer, they were able to continue, after the second engine failed, and the pilot addressed the passengers, one of the passengers declared, "If we lose that last engine we'll be up here all night!"

That's why it's actually no longer referred to as 'global warming' anymore...it's now called 'climate change'. This way no matter what happens, in their minds, they're correct..."It's getting warmer? See, I told you...man is to blame. It's getting cooler? See, I told you...man is to blame"

Never mind the natural cool/warm/cool/warm cyclical nature of Earth's climate all throughout history.

In my humble opinion Global warming is just a thin veil for Global Communisim. The Government uses it to micro manage the lives of its subjects and therefore control them.

Last edited:
You guys are way too smart for me....I'm just glad Denver got the snow and not WI!!! ;)

Global warming leads to more precipitation and eventual global cooling. Think about it. Warm air is able to hold more water vapour. That vapour eventually leads to precipitation. Precipitation leads to some wonderful things like shrinking deserts, more abundant and verdant flora, and cooler bodies of water. That increased greenery, cooler water, and increased cloud cover lead to global cooling. Once that gets going it begins to alter heating cycles and it gets cooler / colder. Ice packs and glaciers thicken. This binds more water which leads to a drier atmosphere which leads to less precipitation. This leads to desertification, less cloud cover, and a warming surface. Add to this cycle the variable of solar heating and cooling and you get wild swings in average global temps and weather patterns.

Then what leads to the death that Mr. Gore refers? Oh yeah, sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back