Smoke Detector Batteries Must Know When You're Sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayPot

Puritan Board Sophomore
It seems that nearly every smoke detector in our house had a low battery tonight. All at different times. In approximate 2 hour intervals. I was woken up at 10:30, 1:30, and 3:30. Let's see how we can turn this grumbling session into a praise session. Praise the Lord for engineers who can create 10 year smoke detector batteries! I placed my order for 6 batteries at 4:30 am. :)

At church, the batteries fail during sermons.

" Turn with me in the scriptures to ...BEEP!... er... Psalm 40. Tonight I want us to look at ...BEEP...! this psalm in an expository fashion. This Psalm expresses ...BEEP!... (pause) can one of the deacons remove the battery please..."

You're lucky it's only 4 times a day. Ours go off about every 45-60 minutes when they start dying.

My dad actually conspired turning the "annoying ones" into targets for shooting practice one times.

You're lucky it's only 4 times a day. Ours go off about every 45-60 minutes when they start dying.

My dad actually conspired turning the "annoying ones" into targets for shooting practice one times.

This wasn't one smoke detector 3 three times. This was three different smoke detectors waking us up, me getting up and dealing with it, and trying to go back to bad. Amazingly enough, two more went off (just after the original post and another close to 6).

I had a beeper like that. I was sure that Motorola put in a light sensor with a delay of a couple of hours, just for that purpose!

Our smoke detectors do this also and, yes, always at night it seems. The worst part is that the beeping scares the pee out of our Shih Tzu, literally. So there is always a clean up and a shaking little dog in the mix.

I don't want to be a cassandra, but don't put your faith in those "lasts ten years" kind. Ours started the random chirp routine about three years after we had it installed by the Fire Service. We had to take a chisel to it to get it off the ceiling, and finally a mallet to shut it up

Thanks for the warning! Fortunately, these one are relatively easy to take off so I may not have to go that mallet route . . .

Hmm. I change our batteries every April, right after sending off the taxes. Maybe it's compulsiveness, but we don't have chirping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back