Seen this clip from E.R. yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaw-dropping.gif

WOW!

Whoaa!!!

I wonder if the writers really knew what they were doing with this scene.

That's very good and powerful.

This same clip was here on the bb a week or two ago. My question now, as then, is the same. Given that this is Hollywood theology at work, was there a future episode wherein this vacuous TEC/UCC/ELCA "chaplain" was somehow vindicated?

The chaplain here reminds me of the head of spiritual care at our hospital - an "all roads lead to God [heaven]" guy. You now - that happy, slappy religion stuff.

If you watch the long clip of this part of ER, one of the docs and this chaplain have a discussion outside for the 'semi-vindication.'

This same clip was here on the bb a week or two ago. My question now, as then, is the same. Given that this is Hollywood theology at work, was there a future episode wherein this vacuous TEC/UCC/ELCA "chaplain" was somehow vindicated?

Not sure on this one. I ran into the clip on YouTube by chance but I haven't watched ER in a long time. It would be nice if the writers would use this moment to develop the idea further, though I'm sure that would be just wishful thinking.

Wow! I don't know where the writers went with this or where they are going with it. But it just goes to show that there's no escaping God. He can even use prime time TV to make people think.

Not sure on this one. I ran into the clip on YouTube by chance but I haven't watched ER in a long time. It would be nice if the writers would use this moment to develop the idea further, though I'm sure that would be just wishful thinking.

Yes, I thought I recalled this video clip from an earlier thread...

http://www.puritanboard.com/f24/looming-death-meets-postmodernism-37166/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back