Scottish Reformation Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADKing

Puritan Board Junior
I did a cursory search and didn't see that anyone else had already posted this. My apologies in advance if I am "reposting" something people already know about. However, this website on the Reformation in Scotland looks attractive and helpful. I thought others might enjoy it too.

Reformation History

Pastor King,

Thank you for this post and information. I love the site.

This is truly not only a cool site it is an excellent site for all Reformed Protestants especially those of us who are Presbyterians. It so wonderfully covers the 2nd Reformation. Luther and the church of England did not totally in my mind completely restore the church of Christ and the Apostles after over 1000 years of Roman catholic papist corruptions. It was in Scotland under Calvin, Knox, and the other Reformed Protestants that the church was restored to its true foundation. It so nicely also highlights the achievements of the 2nd Reformation. I will be visiting and studying the resources on this site a lot, the Protestant Reformation is of great interest to me.

Achievements of the Second Reformation

The good work done during the First Reformation was rescued and further advanced.
The total headship of the Lord Jesus Christ over the church and the nation was clearly proclaimed and put into practice.
The right of the church to call and run its own meetings and assemblies was also set out.
Episcopalianism was rejected.
Presbyterianism was adopted and established as the only Biblical way of organizing the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back