Question about a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Scibbe

Puritan Board Junior
So I have been doing quite a bit of downloading on Itunes U from different seminaries. I ran across a hermeneutics class, but it is from a Lutheran Seminary, and was wondering if the denominational differences would be a problem.
:think::detective:

I don't mind so much, in the Lutheran sermon's I've heard, their relentless Christology.

BUT (a big but) I do not think that just mentioning Christ a lot makes a good sermon. I'm sure there are better and worse Lutheran exegetes in the pulpits, but the ones I've listened to (on "Issues Etc." radio prog.) as exemplars, don't always preach the text, although they do everything in their power to preach Christ.

I just think several of the ones (I've definitely heard at least one terrific sermon) I've heard need to do a better job of letting the text speak, so people can HEAR Christ talking (Rom 10:14), instead of mainly the preacher talking about Christ. So, For what it's worth, I think you should keep that in mind as you listen. Otherwise, I expect you can learn more than a few things; that is, it's not necessarily going to be a waste of time.
:2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back