Pope Revises Limbo for Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like it was about 2 years ago, not long after the new pope took over, that this was first discussed widely.

Does anyone else remember that?

At first I thought it was refering to this little site (scroll down to see baby dance the limbo):

http://www.funpages.com/babydance/

:spitlol:

It seems like it was about 2 years ago, not long after the new pope took over, that this was first discussed widely.

Does anyone else remember that?

Here are a few threads where the doctrine of limbo has been discussed since 2005:

Limbo in Limbo

Roman Catholic Church Gets Rid of "Limbo"

Vatican Baby Doctrine in Limbo

How can babies play limbo if they can't even stand up?
face_confused.gif

It sounds like a step in the right direction even if a minor one.
I wonder if it makes any Roman catholic question, if their church was wrong on one thing could they be wrong on other things?

only one other option?

What about we "we don't know?" That's the answer? We've covered this before I know and I am of the camp that David's baby getting saved is an indication at least saved father's children (to be really specific) go to Jesus. But it can only be inferred and it's not for certain. Perhaps God keeps silent on the issue because some get saved and some don't.

The result of this will be more Catholics having abortions or more women in general. Any excuse for "freedom" because "they're baby will go to heaven" regardless. If I can think it, it's already out there. Terrible stuff and depressing.

It sounds like a step in the right direction even if a minor one.
I wonder if it makes any Roman catholic question, if their church was wrong on one thing could they be wrong on other things?

The title of the article is misleading. The Romanists never had an official position on limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back