Please Join Me in Prayer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to the parents of the dead. May God help them. As a mother of 5, I cannot even imagine how it would feel to send them off to a normal school day and then this.

My heart goes out to the parents of the dead. May God help them. As a mother of 5, I cannot even imagine how it would feel to send them off to a normal school day and then this.

Lynnie,

Fully agree. My wife and I have 3, and they were all in public school before we homeschooled (2 oldest until their sophomore/junior years of high school, and the youngest until 3rd grade). A note from the teacher concerning struggling academics is one thing. A call about fights or bullying another. But what parent would be prepared for this type of news on what would normally be a regular school day?

This is an example of the depravity of fallen man. May God bless and comfort these families, and may many come to Christ through this trajedy.

Only the Lord could know how to begin to address this situation, which I can't even find words to describe. We certainly have much cause to pray.

This was from Faith's Checkbook (Spurgeon) for today:

And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. (Isaiah 2:4)

Peace will be established only by the reign of the Prince of Peace. He must teach the people by His Spirit, renew their hearts by His grace, and reign over them by His supreme power, and then will they cease to wound and kill. Man is a monster when once his blood is up, and only the Lord Jesus can turn this lion into a lamb. By changing man's heart, his bloodthirsty passions are removed. Let every reader of this book of promises offer special prayer today to the Lord and Giver of Peace that He would speedily put an end to war and establish concord over the whole world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back