Passing through New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2read

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi everybody,

On Friday the 17th of December I'm going over to my fiancee who lives in Honduras (Central America). When flying I will pass through Newark and have to stay there for 18 hours untill I will take my next flight. I will be at Newark from Friday 5pm till Saturday 11am

My questions are:
1. Would it be best for me to stay on the airport or go and find some good (read cheap) reformed bookstores since the Euro is so strong compared to the Dollar?
2. How long would it take me from Newark to the closest bookstore?
3. Is it safe for me to sleep at the airport?
4. Can anybody give me some information on what I could do in those 18 hrs.?

ANYONE WHO LIVES IN THE AREA AND HAS SOME HOURS OFF DURING THESE 18 HOURS IS INVITED TO VISIT ME AT NEWARK AIRPORT:D

Jeroen
Reformed Baptist from the Netherlands

I do not know much about the Newark area, but I lived in Manhattan for a time, and if you can make your way there, there is quite a large Christian bookstore near Times Square. I believe it is on 43rd street, a couple blocks west of Broadway.

It is one of those large bookstores which has virtually every persuasion of book imaginable, but it does carry reformed titles as well, especially in the theology section.

By the way, do you attend a reformed baptist church in the Netherlands?

Blessings,

Jie-huli :pilgrim:

Dear Jie-Huli,

I wish I did. Officially there are no Reformed Baptist Churches in The Netherlands. There are some Baptist Churches that adopted their own creed which in its essence is Calvinistic but they do not officially subscribe the London Baptist Confession 1689 as far as I know.
The closest of these churches (I am talking about 3 or 4 churches in the whole nation) is about 160 km or 100 miles away.
The church I and Mayflower attend is an Arminian Baptist Church in an area of which 90% is roman catholic by name.

Jeroen

PS You guys can all pray for the George Whitefield Foundation in the Netherlands which is trying to spread the knowledge of the riches of the Puritan heritage amongst Evangelicals and now after ten years there are some interesting developments going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back