Paedobaptist attending a baptistic church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been in a number of faithful Reformed Baptist churches and faithful Presbyterian churches, I have found that they are amazingly similar (the issue of higher courts aside) once you get past baptism. So similar in fact that if you didn't know what the label was on the door, you wouldn't know which type of church you were in.

We have seen this same dynamic at Christ Reformed Church. You would have to ask each family to know what their position is on baptism. What you would see is a church unified in family worship, children's catechism, a corporate commitment to the children of the church, a deliberate working out of the children's practical relationship to the church, etc..

Matthew 28:18-20

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Am I hearing you correctly that, because you can't really see a difference in the way people live their lives, it is more pragmatic to teach them to observe some things that the Lord has commanded?

You state the church is unified in family worship and children's catechism. Is your Church unified on the contents of the children's catechism? Are the children participating in family worship saints or not?
Are your children sheep of whom the Elders will have to give an accounting to the Lord for the manner in which they discipled them?
Is baptism a present comfort to a believer struggling with sin?
Is baptism a means of grace?

The Lord's Supper is another Sacrament with which we differ from the Reformed Baptists over its signification. Is it also impractical to teach a Sacramental view of the Lord's Supper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back