Out of the mouths of babes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
Ok Sunday I was basically baby sitting my 6 year old cousin that lives in the apartment above mine.

His mother was at a bridal shower for my other cousin. So its 9 pm and his mother has not returned. I know that monday is school and this kid supposed to be in his bed, but he is stinky. His mother will have to come home give him a shower etc which will stretch him until 11pm. And that is way pass a kids bedtime on Sunday evening.

So I decided to gave the kid a shower, put him in his pjays and put a sheet on the couch so that he can get some zzzzzzs until his mother comes home.

After giving him the shower and dressing him the kid made an interesting comment. "I am brand new again". It then struck me and stuck with me. This is exactly the Biblical imagery of forgiveness and salvation. This is exactly the simple analogy that Jesus used in the Gospels, and the same concept that God used in the ceremonial duties of the Levites with the laver and the washing. Being brand new. Being cleansed from filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back