Orthodoxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Has anyone read Chesterton's Orthodoxy? I have started it and am finding it a bit tedious. It is not what I expected.

I bought it a couple years ago, but lost any desire to read it. From what I am hearing from you, I am not going to regain any of that desire.

That's what happened to me Scott. I usually do my reading at bedtime. Five or six lines of Orthodoxy and the next thing I knew I was dreaming I was searching for my high school locker to find out where the classroom was that I was having a big test in cuz I hadn't been to that class since school started and also I couldn't find a bathroom but I had to go real bad. Whew! I didn't pick up Orthodoxy again. Snore.

[Edited on 7-18-2006 by BobVigneault]

I liked it. Heretics is a little bit more amusing, of course, but Orthodoxy is excellent stuff.

the next thing I knew I was dreaming I was searching for my high school locker to find out where the classroom was that I was having a big test in cuz I hadn't been to that class since school started
I have had that dream too! I usually learn of a test a day or so in advance, so I can make a frantic effort to cram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back