Oprah continues in her apostacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm hardly an Oprah expert, but if you watch the video, it seems clear that she was a professing believer at one time earlier in her life. If that's not apostasy, what is?

I can't access the video right now but I'm going off of what I already know about Oprah and the old PB threads on her (<--???!!!). I recall posting a video about her where she rediculed the idea that Christ was in anyway God or he was resurrected or that he died for sins. She commented that she never could believe that kind of thing.

We all know, here on the PB, talking a bout a "Jesus" in no way means you believe in the one true living God. So, with that in mind, I say again, when was she ever a believer? To call her apostate assumes she was, at some point, orthodox.

Apostasy? When was she ever a believer?

I'm hardly an Oprah expert, but if you watch the video, it seems clear that she was a professing believer at one time earlier in her life. If that's not apostasy, what is?

I can't access the video right now but I'm going off of what I already know about Oprah and the old PB threads on her (<--???!!!). I recall posting a video about her where she rediculed the idea that Christ was in anyway God or he was resurrected or that he died for sins. She commented that she never could believe that kind of thing.

We all know, here on the PB, talking a bout a "Jesus" in no way means you believe in the one true living God. So, with that in mind, I say again, when was she ever a believer? To call her apostate assumes she was, at some point, orthodox.

I assume you are not using the term believer as being equivalent to someone who is born again but rather are questioning whether she was ever a professing believer. If she was never baptized and was never a professing believer, then I'll concede the point.

She likes to say 'Christ-consciousness', is this like God consciousness? [FONT=&quot]Schleiermacher?[/FONT]

She likes to say 'Christ-consciousness', is this like God consciousness? [FONT=&quot]Schleiermacher?[/FONT]

That's actually the first thing I thought when I heard her say that. But I think Schleiermacher would be more orthodox than her :detective:

Well obviously, but I was thinking more the roots of what she is saying coming from him. She has gone far beyond all that Schleiermacher could have ever asked or thought. :) She is in outright pluralism and whatnot.

I won't be surprised if Oprah puts something by Teilhard de Chardin on her recommended reading list.

Well, she will stand before God one day, and she will be trembling that she helped lead so many astray..to whom much is given much is expected.

And in that she proclaims her own religion, and teacher of that religion, her judgment from God will be harsh just like other teachers that teach a false gospel, who do not fear God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back