One of the Greatest Climatic Fight Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to burst your bubble guys. but the champ of all fight scenes is [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIwQMBeC2c"]Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee: Return of the Dragon[/ame]

Here's the "real" deal
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JYNznbL0Q]YouTube - Jackie Chan's First Strike - Fight Scene[/ame]

What about when Indy dukes it out with the enormous Nazi on the runway in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" before he ducks and allows the villain to be defeated by his cunning and the sharp blade of a turning propeller.

What you Bruce Lee fans don't understand is that we are living in a Chucktatorship, even now.

Awesome, awesome, awesome scene (LOTM) and my all time favorite film. Thanks for posting. I'll have to go home and watch it now!

The music they plan when they go up the mountain is awesome.

Love that scene. That was shot in NC just outside of Ashville. I was in town several times over the period that the movie was being shot and almost every time I went out I saw several actors/extras who had the shaved heads walking around the mall or whatever. I was so eager to see that movie when it came out after that.

Ok, am I the only party-pooping purist who hates the fact that they PC-ed and mangled the "Last of the Mohicans" dropped out Psalm Singer David Gamut entirely, KILLED Munro (yes Virginia he survives to the end in the book), made Heyward a ninny and then KILLED him (he survives and is quite useful in the novel), and then killed ALICE instead of CORA???

Meh. Maybe its just me but once through that mangling of Cooper was enough for me.

How about looking at the "other end" of movies? What about great movie openings?

For instance, that great, slow, languid opening sequence (just three guys waiting for a train) in Once Upon a Time in the West (1968), one of the great Westerns of the 1960s (and, in which, Henry Fonda is brilliantly cast, against type, as a bad guy).

Last edited:
How about looking at the \"other end\" of movies? What about great movie openings?

For instance, that great, slow, languid opening sequence (just three guys waiting for a train) in Once Upon a Time in the West (1968), one of the great Westerns of the 1960s (and, in which, Henry Fonda is brilliantly cast, against type, as a bad guy).

Ok, I'm going to get in trouble here, but for great openings, my votes are going to go to Blade Runner (a movie I can watch over and over again): [video=youtube;AbWNZkoQHuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWNZkoQHuE[/video]

and

The Road Warrior which just immediately dumps you in to one of the greatest chase scenes in cinema after the narrators intro, not subtle by any stretch of the imagination, but amazing none-the-less. It's on You Tube but not child appropriate so I won't post the link.

Also in my nominations - the beginning of the Battle of Britain: [video=youtube;cNVVoH9-QH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVVoH9-QH0[/video]

and of course the traumatic opening of Saving Private Ryan...

Awesome fight scenes, gentlemen!

Some of my own favorites:

Matrix -- Neo v. Morpheus, Neo v. Agent Smith, after Neo and Trinity go through the building metal detector to save Morpheus

Matrix Reloaded -- Neo v. Agent Smith(s)

Highlander -- MacLeod v. Kurgan: "There can be only one."

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- Legolas vs. the Oliphant

Aliens -- Ripley vs. Queen Alien

The Princess Bride -- Inigo Montoya vs. the Man in Black

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back -- Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader

Rocky -- Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed

Face/Off -- Battle scene

Braveheart -- It's all good.

Blown Away -- Jeff Bridges v. Tommy Lee Jones battle to the finish

Rambo -- Rambo v. all Washington state law enforcement

A Christmas Story -- Ralphie vs. Scut Farkus

Monty Python: The Holy Grail -- King Arthur v. the Black Knight

The Mask of Zorro -- Diego & Alejandro v. Monterro & Love

Léon the Professional -- Stansfield: "Bring me everyone." Benny: "What do you mean 'everyone'?" Stansfield: "EVERYONE!"

The Man in the Iron Mask -- Muskeeters battle their way out of the prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back