Notifications of Responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewi Sant

Puritan Board Freshman
I hate to admit it, but I am often pulled into a discussion, a particular thread, while surfing the PB. Unfortunately, I suffer from Auld-Timers and regularly forget where I replied (or why!).

Is there some way to get an e-mail notice when some one replies to that thread or at least to my reply/post so I can get back to them?

It's sorta embarassing to see that someone has asked a question about something I said and I forgot where I said it. There are a LOT of threads on this site, and all of them pique my interest - I have so much to learn...
Kris

If you click on your control panel, there is a list of subscribed threads that have been updated since you last read them. For instance, when you or someone else replies to this, this thread will now appear in dark blue under my "Subscribed threads with new posts" in my control panel. Also, on the "Today's Posts" page, the little green arrow by a thread indicates that you have posted in that thread. I hope this helps a little.

At the top of the page you can choose Control Panel and from there check those posts that you are subscribed to. You can also go to your Profile and check "find all posts" and "find all started threads".

Or, I could go to advanced Reply and check the little box that says subscribe to this thread. And here all this time I've been using quick reply.

Should I use advanced the first time and then quick reply thereafter?

Kris

Kris, in my experience, anytime I reply to a thread, whether with quick or advanced reply, I am automatically subscribed to the thread without having to do anything but simply post.

Kris, in my experience, anytime I reply to a thread, whether with quick or advanced reply, I am automatically subscribed to the thread without having to do anything but simply post.

Whoah. That is definately not happening with me. I'll dig a little deeper. Thanks, Austin.

Go to your Control Panel.

Select General Settings.

In the Messaging and Notification section, go to "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

Select from the pull-down menu: "Instantly using email"

You will receive an email notice each time someone responds in a thread you have subscribed to. Your subscription to any thread that you post within will be automatic when you select the option above.

AMR

It is going to get annoying receiving all those emails after a while, I would imagine. Everyone is subscribed to a thread just by posting on it, but you do not get emails unless you specify you want them (as described above). However, you will always see the updates in your control panel.

I would just rely on the little green arrow, but it's up to your personal preference. :)

Go to your Control Panel.

Select General Settings.

In the Messaging and Notification section, go to "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

Select from the pull-down menu: "Instantly using email"

You will receive an email notice each time someone responds in a thread you have subscribed to. Your subscription to any thread that you post within will be automatic when you select the option above.

AMR

Yup, Mine were toggled off. Thanks, Mr. Religion!

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

It is going to get annoying receiving all those emails after a while, I would imagine. Everyone is subscribed to a thread just by posting on it, but you do not get emails unless you specify you want them (as described above). However, you will always see the updates in your control panel.

I would just rely on the little green arrow, but it's up to your personal preference. :)

Thanks, Austin. I'll try it this way for a while. If it gets too cluttered I'll know how to toggle back. Is this a great site, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back