Northern VA residents: Michael Card in Fredericksburg, VA on October 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I am still a member of a Church in Temecula until my membership is transferred but the parent Church of the PCA mission work I'm attending in Stafford is hosting a concert on Oct 11th. The flyer is attached. I actually still attend evening worship there and it's where Sonya and I attended from 2003-2005.

I've been a Michael Card fan since 1985 and longer if you count some of the songs that others sing.

Funny story: The grand piano that the Church has was purchased years ago in conjunction with the first Michael Card concert there. The Church leased the piano for the concert and it was so hard for the owner to get in/out of the Church that he gave the Church a great deal just so he wouldn't have to remove it again.

Michael Card is a very gifted musician.

:agree: and very nice in person. He's a natural to musical instruments. I think I read or he told me that he doesn't read music but I might be mistaken. One oddity about his guitar playing is that he's left handed but leaves the guitar strung as for a right-handed player.

The first time I heard him in concert was 1995 when he and John Michael Talbot toured. I always thought they had similar sounds - and apparently they noticed the same. Michael Card credit JMT with turning him on to his current career.

Rich, I may make the trip down. I have enjoyed his music and his writing. He's been vilified for his CD with John Michael Talbot but I'm not willing to relegate him to the trash heap because of that.

Rich, I may make the trip down. I have enjoyed his music and his writing. He's been vilified for his CD with John Michael Talbot but I'm not willing to relegate him to the trash heap because of that.

Let me know for sure if you're going to come down Brother. If you need to crash here for the evening then I'll make some room among our piles of stuff!

Rich,

I'll know this week if I can make it. I appreciate the offer to crash at your place. I'd probably make the drive home afterwards because the next day is the Lord's Day and I am teaching. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

I assume most in this thread are interested in hearing him, so I'll add that he will be at First Baptist Church of Durham, NC tomorrow for an evening worship service.

Let me know if anybody needs more details.

At the end of October every year, our church has a series called "Reformation Grace." Michael Card will be providing music this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back