New Micro Presbyterian Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two or three times; but I understand the concern.

Originally posted by Bernard_Marx
Schwertly is a member of this group apparently. Hasn't he switched denoms like 1000 times?

This is very sad. I'm not really sure how this "denomination" differs from the other half dozen or so denominations with the exact same subscription language and 2-3 congregations each also.

Hopefully the CRCPC church departure for this new group was amicable, though I have not heard any details. One of those involved asked my pastor if we'd be interested; his reply was he thought there were too many split Ps already (to paraphrase).

Naphtali:

I'm I reading your church's website correctly to say that they are the only church in their denomination, the American Reformation Presbyterian Church?

(Which I really DON'T get. It looks like you can't decide whether it is the ARPC (which of is identical the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church's abbreviation) or the RPC (which does not abbreviate new name.) I understand the desire for parallelism with the MRPC, but it seems to be something that could cause confusion. But I guess you would have long understood that issue.)

[Edited on 1-17-2006 by Mike]

Mike,
Call me Chris. Or Mr. Coldwell.
I'm I reading your church's website correctly to say that they are the only church in their denomination, the American Reformation Presbyterian Church?
Yes; but as is also clear, we are less than fully independent, if also less than fully Presbyterian.;) And we are in continued discussions with another group about mergers, cooperative synods, etc. As I have said elsewhere here on other threads.
(Which I really DON'T get.
Understandable.
It looks like you can't decide whether it is the ARPC (which of is identical the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church's abbreviation) or the RPC (which does not abbreviate new name.)
Indecision has nothing to do with it.
I understand the desire for parallelism with the MRPC, but it seems to be something that could cause confusion. But I guess you would have long understood that issue.)
Yep. Apologize to ARPs all the time.;)

Originally posted by NaphtaliPress
Mike,
Call me Chris. Or Mr. Coldwell.
Of course. :)

Yes; but as is also clear, we are less than fully independent, if also less than fully Presbyterian.;)
Indeed; my implication was not intended to be critical, and I tried to use as neutral language as possible.

And we are in continued discussions with another group about mergers, cooperative synods, etc. As I have said elsewhere here on other threads.
Can you clarify what you meant by "split Ps?" I assumed you meant groups splitting up creating large numbers of denominations. Obviously, if your denomination merged with the WPCUS, there would be fewer Presbyterian denominations.

Did you mean split geographically, then? That would be consistent with the thread you linked me to.

Originally posted by Mike
Can you clarify what you meant by "split Ps?" I assumed you meant groups splitting up creating large numbers of denominations. Obviously, if your denomination merged with the WPCUS, there would be fewer Presbyterian denominations.

Did you mean split geographically, then? That would be consistent with the thread you linked me to.
I mean I'm not convinced another denomination with a few folks in it was needed, particularly if it indeed pulled a church out of an already existing denomination that is struggling to establish itself (which itself is not that old). My church has been at work on a different avenue for some time and that as much as anything else is in play here I'm sure with our elders lack of interest; though as I have already indicated, I would be concerned about how well the individuals in this new group "play well with others." I suspect that a lot of the reason there are so many Micros is people simply cannot get along with others, tolerate minor differences, allow time for reform, or simply cannot abide not getting their own way all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back