New members of the PRC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDM

Puritan Board Junior
My family and I were received into membership at the Presbyterian Reformed Church of Charlotte this past Lord's Day. :banana:

Presbyterian Reformed Church

The first 5 verses of Ecclesiastes chapter 5 were heavy on my mind in the days leading up to making our vows:

1Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

2Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

3For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

4When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.

5Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

:pray2:

Congratulations, Chris! :cheers2:

Hopefully I'll be able to make it down your way sometime to meet the PB members from that congregation.

I breathed a thankful sigh when I read this thread.

That's a whole lot better news than joining the People's Republic of China.

Hey, it's not so bad... but I don't know that anyone would put an exclamation mark behind that statement. Most would just be resigned to it.

Congratulations on joining the other PRC! :handshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back