New Book on "Calvinism"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brain functions much like a group pf computers, but a computer does not have feelings nor does it know right from wrong. All morality and ethics are revealed in God’s word.

When Biblical ignorance occurs we become infiltrated with corrupted and heretical beliefs like Calvinism, the way to heaven is to be good-looking and rich, alcoholism is a disease, women can’t be ministers, but men ministers can be immoral, and on and on and on. Read the section in this book that shows the true character and heresy of John Calvin.

1) contradicting the Scriptures

2) this gent has a beef with, seemingly, only one out of many historical theologians

3) in shock that he is a deacon within the SBC (but I've known worse though)

4) seriously wonder where his pastor stands on all of this

-----Added 5/23/2009 at 05:13:48 EST-----

That Calvin. Always beheading children.

I only found one source with this and it was obvious that author had a bias also. From what it said, ONE "child" was beheaded for "hitting" his parents. The age of the child was never mentioned (sounds like it could quite possibly have been an older teen or adult) and "hitting" could mean any number of things. Did he beat his parents? Did he punch his mother? What did he hit her with?

I'm not sure about the fine points either; I need to read up on that (maybe the Cambridge Companion has something?). In any case, Rear Admiral Miller makes it sound as if Calvin was a sixteenth century Jason Voorhees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back