cwjudyjr

Puritan Board Freshman
Good afternoon.

I’d like to find an NASB Study Bible.

I’ve found three by:
John MacArthur
Tony Evans
R. Albert Mohler

At this point I’m consider the MacArthur or Mohler versions.

Are there any other better versions?

Which would you all suggest for me?

I current use Ligonier’s Reformation Study Bible ESV
Thompson Chain ESV

Thank you.

God bless,
Conrad

Last edited:
My wife and I have profited from a NASB 1995 version of the study Bible by Zondervan adapted from the NIV.

Last edited:
I didn’t know Mohler had a study Bible, I’ll have to look into that. It does seem like a lot of NAS study bibles are dispensational, I can’t think of any others, other than Ryrie’s, which you might not be interested in.

Mohler's "Grace and Truth Study Bible" comes in an NASB version, which came out in 2022. I contributed 1 Kings and it looks like a decent line up of contributors, from a broadly Reformed background. Substantive notes but still portable, unlike the ESV Study Bible which is "luggable". I have an extra hardback copy, if you want to buy it from me at a discounted price. Just send me a DM

I actually have a second copy available if anyone else is interested. New Hardback $25 including shipping. Please DM me if interested

Zondervan will be publishing the redesigned Thompson Chain Reference in the NASB95 later this year. Someone in one of the FB Bible groups asked about the possibility of a revamped Zondervan NASB Study Bible and was either told that there were no plans or was told flat out that it was not going to happen. It isn't clear to me that they are even still printing the original one. They've moved everything to Comfort Print and I don't know that they'll continue to print older editions.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the Tony Evans Study Bible is only available in the NASB 2020. Unless he's changed his view, he espouses something regarding the state of the unevangelized that he called "transdispensationalism" that I'm sure you'd want to avoid anyway since it is more liberal than evangelical. But I think it was removed from the book in question and I'd be surprised if it makes an appearance in the study Bible.

Now that Holman has the rights to the NASB2020, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CSB Study Bible eventually adapted for it the way they adapted the HCSB Study Bible for the KJV and the NKJV. But I wonder if they are also thinking of tweaking it a little since two or three of the article contributors have been disqualified from ministry due to moral failure. (EDIT: Now that I've glanced at it, only one of the names I had in mind appears, even in the older HCSB Study Bible. But Paige Patterson has some contributions to the Study Bible. As they are doing with their commentary series, I'm sure they'd love to replace his contributions.)

Last edited:
Mohler's "Grace and Truth Study Bible" comes in an NASB version, which came out in 2022. I contributed 1 Kings and it looks like a decent line up of contributors, from a broadly Reformed background. Substantive notes but still portable, unlike the ESV Study Bible which is "luggable". I have an extra hardback copy, if you want to buy it from me at a discounted price. Just send me a DM
Substantive but not overwhelming does seem to be the niche for it. If it wasn't red letter, I'd probably spring for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back