Modernized language in Confessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polanus1561

Puritan Board Junior
I do not know how things are in OPC/URCNA/PCA, but are there churches who use the ESV but yet retain 'old english confessions'? Or how about KJV using churches who use 'modern english confessions?

How does your church decide on whether to go the traditional or modern route for language in confessions?

I do not know how things are in OPC/URCNA/PCA, but are there churches who use the ESV but yet retain 'old english confessions'? Or how about KJV using churches who use 'modern english confessions?

A related question - Does anyone know if any denomination has officially (constitutionally) adopted a modern language version of the Westminster Confession? Last I heard they were all still unofficial.

I am generally opposed to things like "updated language" because, strangely, updated language seems to be horse-tied to updated ideas, which aren't always good....:2cents:

How does your church decide on whether to go the traditional or modern route for language in confessions?
Has there been then a contemporary update to the 1689 Baptist Confession of faith . and have churches adopted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back