Millennial Doctrine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covenantal/theonomic postmillenial.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (postmil)

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (covenantal)
Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. (theonomy) And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (postmil)

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by Saiph]

Pan-Millennial is my cup of tea, although I'm probably more amillennial if push come to shove. Like the creation of the universe, I don't worry about the end. My thinking is that however it turns out it's gong to be okay. I've read the end of the story and we win!!

I'm Covenantal Post-Millennial with amillennial leanings.

Why? BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! :judge:

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by BobVigneault]

Here is an excellent book, which you can download for free: He Shall Have Dominion

kghs.jpg

I'm Covenantal Pre-Millennial, Post Tribulational Futurist with some new leanings to Theonomic (Fifth Monarchy Pre-Millennial) in regards to civil law which I believe most of the civil law is rooted within moral law.

Why?
I will have to explain later, not enough time right now. Maybe tonight.

Originally posted by thunaer

Why?
I will have to explain later, not enough time right now. Maybe tonight.
I don't think you will have enough time. hehehe that reminds me of Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential Debate.

Bush: I'm for tax cuts.

Gore: I'm for tax cuts, but not tax cuts like my opponent, he is for tax cuts for the rich, I am for limited tax cuts. (translation. I am for tax cuts and I am against tax cuts)

:D: :D:

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by Slippery]

Theonomic Post-Millenial:

Based on:

Isaiah 65:20-25

Jesus' kingdom parables

Revelation 19:11-21 (The sword out of Christ's mouth, the word of God or more specifically the Gospel of Jesus Christ, strikes the nations)

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 (note that this passage gives us the chronology, "then the end will come... AFTER He has destroyed all dominion, authority and power."

Psalm 110:1 (which BTW is the OT passage that is quoted more than any other OT passage) "sit at my right hand UNTIL I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Various other OT passages that predict a blessed age while aspects of a fallen creation are still mentioned like the Isaiah 65 passage "he who dies at a hundred..." and Zechariah 14:17 "If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain."

To make this brief, my reasons for the theonomic aspect of my position will have to be based on the fact that only God's word can guide us to determine how a fallen race can govern themselves. I know sounds too general doesn't it :)

How exactly is "theonomic postmillennial" and "covenant postmillennial" defined?

Is the former equivalent to "partial preterist postmillennialism" and the latter equivalent to "traditional or classical postmillennialism"?

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Post-mill. Ditto to Andrew's question though.

I'm Covenantal Pre-Millennial, Post Tribulational Futurist with some new leanings to Theonomic (Fifth Monarchy Pre-Millennial) in regards to civil law which I believe most of the civil law is rooted within moral law.

:eek: :candle:

I agree with the statement that most of the civil law is rooted in the moral law (or as Bahnsen would say, that the substance behind the application of the law is still binding). That far most of Westminister would agree with, which is why I call myself a Gillespian Theonomist.

Originally posted by SolaScriptura
Amillennial... becuase it is true.
Oh man, Ben, you have no idea how I was so jivin' to say those exact words.:D:banana:

How sweet that is...

Amill with postmill sympathies (i.e., praying that postmill is true)

Amill because it gives testimony that the kingdom of God is but not yet and blessed are those who partake in the first resurrection (regeneration).

Originally posted by youthevang
Amill because it gives testimony that the kingdom of God is but not yet and blessed are those who partake in the first resurrection (regeneration).

:ditto:

We have passed from death to life. Amen.

Originally posted by youthevang

Postmil for the same reasons, plus it gives feet to Jesus' prayer, "Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" and His statement "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." The gospel means certain progress on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back