Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
As we look at the state of confusion in the church and the world today (including the hot topic of gay "marriage" - here in New Zealand gay "marriage is about to become law), it seems very clear to me we need revival in the church. Here is a real theological treat for those interested in Revival from one of the greatest preachers and pastors in the church Revival | Collection | MLJ Trust

Last edited:
Thank you very much.

I used to pray all the time for revival. Now I am praying for another Reformation. A massive harvest of souls, with sound doctrine as part of it. I suppose it is partly semantics, but people I talk to speak of the Jesus revival of the 70s, or of the great awakenings. As wonderful as they were, let us pray for multitudes in nations all over the globe to turn to Jesus Christ.

Thank you very much.

I used to pray all the time for revival. Now I am praying for another Reformation. A massive harvest of souls, with sound doctrine as part of it. I suppose it is partly semantics, but people I talk to speak of the Jesus revival of the 70s, or of the great awakenings. As wonderful as they were, let us pray for multitudes in nations all over the globe to turn to Jesus Christ.

The greatest revival in all of history was the Protestant Reformation.

Thank you very much.

By definition, true revival includes a return to true doctrine previously obscured. By that standard while the First Great Awakenings in America, England and Wales were true revivals as was the Second Awakening in Wales and parts of North America (not including Finney), while the Jesus people flicker of the 70's was not overall a true revival in this sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back