Looking for info on the OPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackleton

Puritan Board Junior
My wife and I are visiting Reformed churches in the area and met some people from an OPC church that we liked. I noticed some of the people on this board are OPC and was curious about any info. Some told me they had a problem with their view on justification. Is this true? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm a member. Usually they stay more sane on worship. An OPC church in Louisiana is going to be similar to an OPC church in another part of the country.

DELETED by Moderator

Chris, assinine statements directed at faithful orthodox Reformed denominations, like what you had here, won't be tolerated on the Puritan Board.

Your friendly moderator, joshua.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always found the OPC to be a solid Reformed denom. The ones I've attended have always been.

From what I know of the OPC I would be a member accept that it would be very difficult for us to get to the near congregation every Sunday, about 45 minutes away, with four young kids in tow.

I'm sure you've probably found this, but check out the OPC site.

We are members and have a wonderful church family, pastor and elders.

We drive 35 minutes to attend ours and it's well worth it. :)

I sure like our church. Steady, knowledgeable people, confessional, no frills worship that I would call 'stark simplicity'.

I've been in the OPC since 1996. Wouldn't be anywhere else. And, as someone has already said, the OPC is absolutely solid on the orthodox doctrine of justification.

Ironically, by chance or most likely providentially, I ran into some people from the only OPC church that is in the same city I live in. I got along with the pastoral staff very well, they were reformed with out being mean about it, which was the problem I had with another reformed church I was going to. Most of all I found out that they are planning on starting a church plant about 10 minutes away from where I live. NO ONE plants churches in my city!
So I am wondering if my accidental meeting with these men is actually providential?

Ironically, by chance or most likely providentially, I ran into some people from the only OPC church that is in the same city I live in. I got along with the pastoral staff very well, they were reformed with out being mean about it, which was the problem I had with another reformed church I was going to. Most of all I found out that they are planning on starting a church plant about 10 minutes away from where I live. NO ONE plants churches in my city!
So I am wondering if my accidental meeting with these men is actually providential?

10 minutes from your house!! sounds pretty providential to me. A church plant is hard work so get ready to roll up your sleeves!

Come on now fellas, you know every event is providential, sometimes we like it, sometimes we don't.

Expect your view of Sabboth obsevance to be a litmus test.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here . . . but I will that my experience has been that, while there are definitely people who hold to a pretty conservative view of the Sabbath, I have never felt that it's been a "you're in or you're out based on this" type of issue - in fact, it's been quite the opposite.

Oh yeah, to answer the OP - the OPC rocks! Oh - and you guys arguing over who has the better church? Sorry, I've got both of you guys beat. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back