List of Calvinists with the first name "John"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity Apologetics

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi brothers. I've started a list of well-known Calvinists with the first name John. I suppose I cheated a little bit for the last two. Anyway, I would like you guys to help me lengthen this list and of course correct any names if necessary. God bless!

John Bunyan
John Calvin
John Gerstner
John Gill
John Knox
John MacArthur
John Murray
John Newton
John Owen
John Piper
Jon Cardwell
Jonathan Edwards

John Paul (a Reformed Presbyterian and a major opponent of Arianism in 19th century Ireland).
John Duncan (Disruption Worthy)
John Dick (United Seceder)
John Brown of Haddington
John Brown of Wamphrey

I always found it funny that all six drafters of the Scots Confession were "John," not just John Knox!

John Winram, John Spottiswoode, John Willock, John Douglas, John Row, and John Knox.

Not sure what the purpose of this research would be. There were 21 Pope Johns (and two antipopes) and a couple of John Pauls.

It isn't "John the baptist" it must be John the baptizer since he was Presbyterian.

No jeolosy at all brother, but my bible says Baptist. Might be worth checking the original manuscripts,though I think that the translators did an excellent job.

It isn't "John the baptist" it must be John the baptizer since he was Presbyterian.

No jeolosy at all brother, but my bible says Baptist. Might be worth checking the original manuscripts,though I think that the translators did an excellent job.

Obviously by "Baptist" the text means "one who baptizes." We are just having a little fun.

Thanks for spotting the fact that no offence was meant. As much as I tease Presbyterians, I know that our reformed bookshops will be empty without their wonderful contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back