Keith Green - "Something So Black And Wicked"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Keith Green: “Never Has Something So Black And Wicked, Gotten Away With Appearing So Holy And Mysteriously Beautiful . . . For So Long!” (The Catholic Chronicles) SOULREFUGE
It is obvious by even this brief glimpse into the doctrines of mortal and venial sins, confession, penance, and purgatory, that the Roman Catholic Church has constructed one of the most unbiblical doctrinal systems that has ever been considered “Christian”. The fear, anguish, and religious bondage that such a system of “reward and punishment” creates, has tormented millions of lives for centuries, and continues to prey on those who are ignorant of the biblical way of salvation.

To merely call such a system “a cult”, would be to throw it into the vast category of religions and quasi-religions that are currently making the rounds of our college campuses and city streets, snatching up many an unsuspecting youth. No, the Roman Church is not a cult. It’s an empire!

With its own ruler, its own laws, and its own subjects! The empire has no borders, it encompasses the globe with its eye on every person who does not vow allegiance. It calls the members of other faiths “separated brethren” (The term used by Vatican II to describe the members of Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, and Protestant churches.) and has as its goal the eventual bringing together of everyone under its flag.

I know that many will not be convinced or moved by this article (or any of the others) to make such a conclusion. They are impressed by what they’ve heard about recent stirrings among the Catholics in the “charismatic renewal”. Many evangelicals (especially Charismatics) have been thrilled by the reports of Catholics speaking in tongues, dancing in the Spirit, having nights of joy and praise, even attending “charismatic masses”.

Mouths that used to speak out boldly against the Church of Rome have been quieted by the times. It no longer is in vogue to speak of the pope as “the antichrist” (Although the following people unhesitatingly did: Martin Luther, John Bunyan, John Huss, John Wycliffe, John Calvin, William Tyndale, John Knox, Thomas Bacon, John Wesley, Samuel Cooper, John Cotton, and Jonathan Edwards.) or the Catholic Church as the “whore of Babylon”. Now Protestants unwittingly believe that “our differences are not so great”. Ah, that is just what She needs us to think!

I’ve never completely understood why God led me to write these articles. But it becomes more clear with each day of study, and each page of research. Never has something so black and wicked, gotten away with appearing so holy and mysteriously beautiful . . . for so long!​

I concur and agree with you on your thesis.

I concur and agree with you on your basic thesis.

I was a Roman Catholic all my life. I left the Roman catholic church in January 2006 initially at first because I was no longer in line with the current pope. I had become very anti papist gradually and while still a Roman Catholic however in recent years I came to also believe that this current pope Benedict was leading the Roman Catholic church back to pre Vatican II thinking and positions. I also think God has led me to become a Protestant and a Protestant who is in line with the Reformed Protestant theology.

I initially became an Episcopalian in 2006 because I was comfortable with the similarities to the Roman church. However I studied the Protestant Reformation and I came to believe that the Reformed Protestants are the restoration of the church to its uncorrupted foundations. When Benedict reaffirmed the pre-Vatican II teaching 2 summers ago that Protestant churches are Ecclesial communities without the fullness of truth and said only the Roman Catholic church has the fullness of truth I was convinced I made the correct decision in leaving Roman Catholicism.

I made an extensive study when I left Roman Catholicism in 2006. I have said I initially became an Episcopalian because I was comfortable with the similarities to the Roman church. Since I left the Roman catholic church I have explored besides the Episcopal church, the Lutheran, LCMS, and the ELC, the Methodist, several Baptist congregations and the Presbyterian church the OPC, PCA, and the PCusa. However as I studied the Protestant reformation I have come to believe that the Reformed Protestants are the restoration of the church to its uncorrupted foundations.

I am in faith now a Reformed Protestant theologically and I am now a staunch Protestant and a Presbyterian. In 2007 I left the Episcopalian church and I joined a Westminster class with Presbyterian congregation and started to attend services at a few Presbyterian churches and also 2 Baptist congregations. In the process I came to truly believe there is nothing outrageous in believing that all true Christians are justified by faith alone in the finished work of Christ alone and that the Bible is our only source of authority. To challenge these twin pillars of Christian faith is to challenge the heart of the Gospel. Those who set aside these basic Christian tenets are themselves ‘outrageous’ and stand against the Gospel.

I experienced the salvation of the Bible, not the salvation of Romanism and as the result of that salvation I embrace and proclaim Protestantism. To that extent I renounced Roman Catholicism and her pope. I think more Protestants should. If ever a system was antichrist it is the system of Roman Catholicism, and it will prove to be such in the end.

"Renouncing the Pope and the teachings of the Catholic church is an anti-Catholic stance. That's what it means…to be against their teachings." I am anti Roman Catholicism as were all the reformers I renounce and protest all her false teachings as all Protestants should. We protest the heresies and proclaim the true Gospel of Christ.

Calvin passionately sought for the restoration of the Church Catholic of the Apostles and the Fathers, I wish more Presbyterians and Reformed Protestants would laid hold of this; That Reformed Protestantism is the restoration of and old religion not the innovation of a new religion. Our greatest fault as Protestants is that we are not connected with the ancient faith as he, John Calvin was as well as many of the reformers.

I have come to believe that Roman Catholicism is not a true Christian faith. I am today a Reformed Protestant who left the Roman church and became a reformed Protestant and a Presbyterian because I believe Reformed Protestantism is the restoration of the ancient faith of the true Christian church founded by Jesus Christ and his apostles. I renounce the papist Roman teachings which continue to be apostasy and corrupt the Gospel and the truth of the scriptures.

In grace,
Dudley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back