Jam or butter? or Jam AND butter?

Jam and? or? butter?

• Jam/jelly AND butter/margarine/spread

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Jam/jelly OR butter/margarine/spread

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Sometimes use both, sometimes use one or the other.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HokieAirman

Puritan Board Freshman
My wife and I have a grave disagreement... This evening I told her she started me on a bad habit...that is using both butter AND jelly on the same piece of bread, something I had never done before our wedded bliss. She retorted that she is just making me normal, implying that most everyone uses jam and butter on their bread at the same time, and that's why they serve both at restaurants. I gently corrected her by adding my insightful wisdom that the restaurant provided both as a courtesy to allow the guest to choose either or. So, what's the verdict?

NOTE: THE POLL REFERS TO USING SAID CONDIMENTS ON THE SAME PIECE OF BREAD.

Last edited:
Just jam. I hardly ever butter my bread, except if it is garlic butter or cinnamon butter.

The butter is a must on jam with bread. I'm curious why you say it is a "bad habit," though?

Mmmm... buuuuuttter.... mmmmm... jaaaaam.... cold, hot, doesn't matter

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

And I'm surprised at you... growing up in Virginia and all... you should listen to your wife on this one.

What is jam?

We have jelly.
We have preserves.
We have marmalade.
We have compote.
We don't have jam.

I eat all of the above with butter, hot or cold. What I really like is to mix butter and sorghum together and then spread it on a piece of bread or a biscuit. Man, I'm getting hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back